Vote Proposal for a Bambu X1C

Hello! I, Kostas, as 3d printing warden am putting forward the Bambu X1C for a vote to purchase. As you know, the UM2 croaked on us after months of repair, troubleshooting, and investigation. After weeks of discussion with others in 3d printing on Slack, we found that a casual poll put forth resulted in the Bambu X1C being favored in responses. Some of the leading feedback in favor of the X1C echoed that it was very much a walk-up friendly machine with capabilities to do high quality prints for more experienced 3d printers.

Here is the info for the vote:
Price: $1,199
Shipping: $35
Grand total: $1,234
Size: 15”x15”x18”
Warden approval for area: Yes
Possible future repair costs:

3D Printing info:

• Up to32mm^3/s flow, 20m/s^2 acceleration, 500mm/s velocity
  • UM2 stats for comparison
    • It’s hard to find a lot of stats since it’s an older printer but would print at 300mm/s velocity max
    • 2.85mm filament
      • Not often sold anymore
        The UM2 was a great printer when it worked, it was true workhorse machine. I appreciate the work that our membership put into trying to fix it but as the machine itself becomes outdated with the filament type, I feel the X1C will be a welcomed upgrade.
1 Like

I vote yes

I vote “yes”.

I vote yes

I also vote yes on the AMS.

I vote yes

I vote yes, i feel the X1C is the best value printer that fulfills our mix of experience levels

Big yes.

Hoping the ease of use lures in some folks fresh to printing and that the ability to print wacky materials prevents Caiden from burning down the Hive with his Franken-Printer.

1 Like

I vote yes.

There’s been a lot of good discussion on #3DPrinting and I feel the X1C is a very capable replacement for the Ultimaker.

Vote yes.

I vote yes. (I’d also vote yes on the AMS system if that gets put up for vote in the future :wink: )

i vote yes!!!

I vote yes

I’ll vote yes :slight_smile:

However, could we also get a TLDR of all the discussion going on in the 3D printing slack channel? There are hundreds of messages that I can’t keep up with, I know there was discussion about all the different options and Id love to understand how this one was chosen.

I vote yes.

I also think it’s a mistake to not include the multi-material thing in this vote, as it’s a no-brainer to add additional capability with relatively low cost. I think we should go ahead and put it up for vote at the same time and have it shipped together if both votes pass.

1 Like

I vote yes.

I hope we very quickly put the aws and replacement parts up for a vote as well.

I would also support an additional"more professional" printer in the near future

hey y’all, glad to see excitement for the AMS but i personally do not feel comfortable purchasing it until we get the bambu up and running with a good grip on it. doesn’t mean i’ll wait 6 months to put up a vote for it, i just want to get the printer up and running and have a good grasp on it as the warden before we get into upgrades.

1 Like

Yeah, sure. I was just voicing my support for the AMS. Probably shouldn’t have said I voted for it. Sorry.

it’s fine, just wanted to state my reasons for not putting it up for the initial vote. glad to hear your support for the AMS!!

I vote yes.

I vote “yes”. Also, I’m not sure what parliamentary procedure the bylaws specify, but if they’re anything like Robert’s Rules I move that we include the AMS in this vote if it saves anything on shipping/avoids future price inflation. I know Konstantinos wants to feel more comfortable with the machine before implementing accessories, but I’ve had a good experience with tech living in a box eagerly waiting for when I’ve been ready for it in the past. Not sure if the extra $300-400 in Hive13 cash being tied up for a couple of months until implemented creates any undue burden on other budgetary issues or not. Ideally I’d love to have multiple AMS’s with that hub if/when that’s possible!