Vote (interest poll) Feb. 7th - Trial use of the new space for 3 months

1) A combined classroom, meeting space, lounge, art gallery, place for open mikes, performances, show and tell, lan-parties, get togethers, crafts and anything else that we could think of to do away from the noisy, dirty work area: 13 points

2) Moving the meeting area: 12 points
3) Paint booth: 10 points

• (write in) sex dungeon: 9 points (NO)
  • Member storage space: 7 points
  • A stable classroom space: 6 points
  • Moving the Fab lab: 5 points
  • A general “art” space (sewing, paint, etc.): 5 points
  • Large project storage: 4 points
  • Moving ALL storage: 3 points
  • (Write in) Lounge + fab lab: 1 point
  • (Write in) Electronics: 1 point
  • (Write in) Shower: 1 point (NO)

okay so 25 votes

13+12+10+9+7+6+5+5+4+3+1+1+1 = 77

Where did the extra 2 come from?

Further more if there was only 13 voting members present at the meeting unless 12 people were individually sent the link then I still see even more extra votes.

8:02 PM
8:04 PM
8:05 PM
8:06 PM

All trailing within a minute of one another is pretty suspect that it is more likely the same person voting on this multiple times(than 6 individual people). If they used sex dungeon for the above votes what did they use for the other votes to steer something over the edge?

my suspicion is that someone may have taken advantage of the fact that this was done on survey monkey and since you can just clear your cache and then vote again.

I believe follow up question how merit.

When one person makes a joke it’s a joke, when a minimum of 5 different people make the same joke, and it’s the 3rd most popular option, ahead of a ton of more practical ideas it makes me wonder. (Which is not the same thing as saying the votes rigged or anything)

Further more if there was only 13 voting members present at the meeting unless 12 people were individually sent the link then I still see even more extra votes.

8:02 PM
8:05 PM
8:06 PM

All trailing within a minute of one another is pretty suspect that it is more likely the same person voting on this multiple times(than 6 individual people). If they used sex dungeon for the above votes what did they use for the other votes to steer something over the edge?

The link was given out at about the same time in the meeting.

my suspicion is that someone may have taken advantage of the fact that this was done on survey monkey and since you can just clear your cache and then vote again.

So what? I don’t think there was some monumental power struggle here. Really the options boil down to a few things, most of which are getting done anyway. Seems like a tempest in a teapot.

The link was given out at about the same time in the meeting.

This would be more likely that they would all have been within the same 1-2 minute time frame not staggered.

So what? I don’t think there was some monumental power struggle here. Really the options boil down to a few things, most of which are getting done anyway. Seems like a tempest in a teapot.

I believe it shows that we need a real voting system, one that works only for members, one that doesn’t allow people to vote multiple times.

A real voting system is coming. In the meantime, there was simply an error in the adding up of votes. There were only 7 write ins for sex dungeon which accounts for the discrepancy in question. Well spotted.

• Ian B.

There were 17 to 18 people present at the meeting when the vote for the projector was made. In the time between the votes, a few other voting members walked into the meeting late (which is usual). I sent 4 voting links beforehand, and I think one person sent a link to someone who was remotely attending (possibly). This all adds up.

People spent 10 minutes voting, before I moved the meeting on to the “round to it”. This adds up.

Seriously guys… an average of 3 people (12%) chose to use their abstain vote as a joke… to make us laugh. It was mentioned in the meeting directly before. Again this adds up.

Looking at the last month of other votes, the abstention rate is approximately: 23% (projector vote), 8% (nail gun vote), 32% (maintain a stock of plywood vote), 23% (flat plywood storage vote), 7% (improve dust collection system vote), 44% (tram system vote)

The numbers is red are higher than this rate of abstention.

13 Voting members plus 4 remote voters is 17 total votes which leaves 8 votes times 3 makes 24 unaccounted for votes.
With the other numbers going 18 + 4 is still 22 total votes which leave 66 total votes which still leaves 9 unaccounted for votes.

These are EXTRA votes not abstained votes.

18 present beforehand + 2 who walked in late + 4 online + 1 sent remotely = 25…

Welcome to nerd hell. :fire:

Where we debate about how many people really don’t want a “sex dungeon” but analyze the voting pattern and accuse each other of bad math.

You all are special and everything will be alright. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

We do need a more secure online voting system (Ian is working on that), so let’s all just enjoy the absurdity of arguing about how many people voted.

Let’s not get too hung up this. After all, this is a trial run. If we don’t like it, we can do something else.

Like a sex dungeon. With blackjack. And hookers.