Vote (interest poll) Feb. 7th - Trial use of the new space for 3 months

Just make sure the wiring is good, The proper tools can assure noise levels equal to angle grinders.

This may seem like an unusual request but I would like to audit this vote. Mostly because it was performed differently to the other votes but also i find it strange that somewhere between 3 and 9 people all thought sex dungeon would should be written in.

I know we have some active sexual imaginations around the hive but really 3 people willing to dedicate all of their votes or up to 9 people burning atleast 1 vote this seems out of the norm in my opinion and also breaks any previous polling that was done(no suggested it earlier) and yet received 9 votes.

So not sure how often anyone does this but, I'd like to request the "official" records on this vote for audit.

Welcome to the Hive. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m betting someone said “sex dungeon” loud enough to be heard and people jumped on the idea as a funny write in.

Ironically, if we actually made the area a sex dungeon I bet it would be never used. (I could be wrong, but I haven’t seen much activity at the Hive)

You are right to call for an audit if you think something seems fishy.

Someone could have hacked the vote system, or it could’ve been miscounted.

Being a suggestion vote, with no money at risk, I bet it was just hi jacked like BoatyMcBoatface. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Just my thoughts.

Brad

Yeah, it was a joke made during the meeting prior to the voting. Ain’t nothing like the power of suggestion in a room full of “adults”.

… Would we need a sex dungeon warden? I wouldn’t want to maintain that equipment…

• Ian B.

Brad - you haven’t been around long enough to have seen the activity that USED to go on here…some of the previous members used the lounge in ways that made me uncomfortable to sit on the couches (note: glad we have gotton rid of those couches). :astonished::dizzy_face:

Definitely was a huge joke at the meeting prior to the vote. Actually pretty hilarious. I’m glad people can have fun, and not make everything so serious all the time.

I’m guessing the people with no opinion (who would have abstained) used their vote to make that offhand joke at the meeting a “more real joke”.

I can screenshot the vote results page after work and attach it here and you all can add things up. :stuck_out_tongue:

This does kind of attach to a question I was trying to bring up at the meeting.

Has the vote mainly stated what we want at the hive? Or have we said these items need to go in that space?

I ask because if we are moving the meeting space to that area, instead of putting the paint booth in there, would it make more sense to put the paint booth next to the metal shop and shift electronics into where the meeting area was? Then we could combine the exhaust for the paint room, welding room, and the electronics hood thing into one. Etc.

Also, the sex dungeon talk does also remind me, do we have a battery charger at the hive for a car battery? .... this is completely unrelated....

This does kind of attach to a question I was trying to bring up at the meeting.

Has the vote mainly stated what we want at the hive? Or have we said these items need to go in that space?

I ask because if we are moving the meeting space to that area, instead of putting the paint booth in there, would it make more sense to put the paint booth next to the metal shop and shift electronics into where the meeting area was? Then we could combine the exhaust for the paint room, welding room, and the electronics hood thing into one. Etc.

Also, the sex dungeon talk does also remind me, do we have a battery charger at the hive for a car battery? .... this is completely unrelated....

I’m changing my vote to:

Petting Zoo

Petting zoo and lucha libre ring.

will - im not sure. personally i think if we move the mtg area to the new room, it makes more sense to utilize that space for paint booth and various other useful things than put a paint booth in the new area.

This is not a binding vote in any sense. It is purely gauging interest in what we could put in there. The logistics of each option will still need to be considered.

… Also I second the motion for a petting zoo.

• Ian B.

Virtual petting zoo with tactile simulators for different animals.
(Could also be used for other “cough” purposes) :flushed:

Will: I have an “old school” battery charger you could borrow. None of those fancy trickle self adjusting namby pamby ones. Just 13ish volts and 10 amps. Have to babysit it or it will cook off your battery. Lots of fun when you forget about it. . . .

I have a small 2A / 12A plug-in charger that I’m not using I can donate. I bought a 2/40/200 stand-up charger I use instead. When you have 2x 1000CCA batteries, it takes some juice to charge/jump. Ask Jim Dallam lol.

A jump box (either purpose built or rigged/homebuilt) with a battery and some jumper cables would probably make a lot more sense than a proper charger for the hive, IMHO. Easy enough to make something with a battery an old set of jumper cables to cut up. And an old charger :slight_smile:

-D

Я не фальсифицируют голосование!
В Путин

I like the logistics of trying to have one exhaust vent.

Yep, as we work through this, we will find that some ideas suit specific spaces. I too like the idea of keeping that new room “clean”-er for now, and trying to use the air and venting capability of the old space for the paint space.

The good thing about all these ideas that were most popular is that they are fairly easy to move around to accomodate our needs as they grow and evolve. We can move things around pretty easily as we find fit.

Also: Attached are the screenshots of the poll. (I cropped them and put them into one long string as if you were scrolling on the web page). Feel free to re-add things up, etc. I love seeing some fun (and slight inappropriateness/humor) brought back to the hive. It was this way long, long ago… before we got wayyy too serious all the time. :wink: :wink: :wink:

On a serious note now (haha): always ask if something doesn’t seem right :slight_smile:

HiveExpansionInterestPollScreenshot.pdf (3.48 MB)

Interesting results lol
How many hive-voters were e-mailed the link?

I like the idea in theory, in practice I’m not sure how you make sure the exhaust exhausts instead of just coming out one of the other “exhausts” without running all the fans all the time.

As for the vote rigging… next time I’d suggest something more specific like a slot car track. :wink:

It does make me wonder a bit at the shear size of it, it’s literally the 2nd most popular pick. Does that mean that most of the hive really could care less what happens with the new room?

Also could we call it the Annex or something simplier? Needs a spiffy name (that’s not Sex Dungeon). Maybe the meeting room, since that seems to be the winner for usage?

Lets out this into perspective…

There were 25 total votes. Meaning there were a total of 75 answers all together. 9 out of 75 isn’t that significant as far as abstention votes… Heck for the whole projector vote the same day, we had more % abstain.

Not sure why we’re stressing over a joke in an interest poll; seems counterintuitive to the point of the joke. :stuck_out_tongue: