Steel Square Tube Group-Buy

Ready to drive the forklift for unloading.

Thanks.

Kevin, I have a project waiting at home that needs some longer pieces. Would it be possible for you to cut 4 of my 24’ pieces of 1" in half rather than thirds (yielding 8 pcs each 12’ long)? I think I can borrow a pick-up with a roof rack and pick them up from your workplace. Do you want help cutting and loading? You can call me to discuss, 513-884-0944.

Thanks,
Malcolm

They were getting the steel over to the saws when I left work today, so it may be too late by time I’m in tomorrow, but if not I’ll tell them.

Malcolm,

The saw operator hadn’t cut the 1" tube yet when I got in this morning, I let him know to cut 4x of the 1 inch tubes into 8x 12 ft. sections.

Thanks,

Kevin

FWIW, I use my truck to transport 40’ ladders all the time that collapse down to 20’ in length. put a blanket on the cab, put the tailgate down, strap em tight. The ladder will hang above the hood of the truck and off the back of the tailgate but it’s fine.
-D

Thanks for the tip Dave

Ok, it’s looking like tomorrow will most likely be the day I need help unloading steel. They still have not cut all of the 1" tube, but I was told it will almost certainly be done tomorrow. Who can help around 5:00-6:00ish?

I can swing by the Hive in the late afternoon.

I can be there at that time.

I can be there to drive the forklift.

If you are delivering on the flat bed we can probably unload from the side onto a pallet or carry it almost onto the elevator with the forklift.

I’m thinking of avoiding as much manual labor as possible.

Just confirming, I am bringing this steel tonight.

I am at the Hive now. Working on some misc stuff.

I’ll be there in a few.

I’ll come by 5:15

Had to leave, but we made a couple of spaces back in no mans land where it could fit for the moment.

The steel has been delivered to Hive13, thanks to everyone who helped get it upstairs! A note to everyone who purchased: please, please, do not take any steel from the stacks until I’ve inventoried everything. If you do, tell me exactly how many of which sizes you take so I can record it as claimed.

Sorry it took my so long to update on this, but last week Chris Davis and I started packaging up the steel into individual orders, and we got through one order (Tim Gregg’s) before we realized it was way too much work, and changed directions.

Instead, what we did was pull all of the material that belongs to Hive13 (108x 8’ long 1" tubes and 45x 8’ long 2" tubes, includes 1" tubes purchased by cornerstone members to make cornerstone corner vertical storage dividers). That material is now located in the welding shop, on the cart that had previously been used for wood scraps in the wood shop. That material is intended for use on projects that benefit Hive13’s facilities and/or community. If you want to use it, please make a post to the mailing list at least 24 hours before you start cutting it up and using it so people know what projects it is being used for, and can have a say.

For everyone who ordered personal material, it is available in the back behind the wood shop. Please, when you retrieve you material, post here or message me so I can record what Qty. has been picked up by who. Currently, to my knowlege, everyone’s material is still in the stacks, except the following:

1. Tim Gregg’s material is in his Cornerstone Corner space
  2. Kevin McLeod’s material is in his Cornerstone Corner space
  3. Ryan Hershey’s material is in the welding shop vertical storage till the cornerstone dividers are done
  4. Malcolm Montgomery took all of his 1" square tube home, 2" remains in the pile

The “Delivery” tab of tis spreadsheet should document the qty’s and status of all orders: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RnRFrjjLlH5OgHwyEtAdUKvRwgX10IU1ZMsV7bnb5DQ/edit?usp=sharing

I am assuming that the honor system will be sufficient for the rest of this process, please be respectful of each other’s property and do your best to keep this stuff straight. message me with quantities taken from the common stock as soon as you take them please.

Thanks,

Kevin M.

I retrieved (24) 1" x 1" square steel tubes and (6) 2" x 2". They are standing outside of CC-1 awaiting an opportunity to stow them.

Thanks for the effort, Kevin. I look forward to seeing what everyone makes!

I retrieved (6) pieces of 1” tubing. It is in my member storage.

Kevin, I believe I still have some 1” tube at the Hive, that is, I didn’t take all that I bought. I’m out of town so can’t confirm yet, will let you know when I have checked.

Thanks,
Malcolm

Malcolm Montgomery
222 Hosea Av
Cincinnati, OH. 45220-1706

malcolm.montgomery@gmail.com