Proposal for the Creation of a Hive13 Library

Good evening y’all–a common talking point that I’ve been hearing an uptick in across members, especially recently, is that of having a communal space for storage of books and other literature in the Hive.

As someone interested in the collection of media and historical record-keeping, I took it upon myself to draft a proposal for the creation of a new Hive shared space–the Hive13 Library. In this document, both a Hive13 Library and new Library Warden leadership position are proposed, along with details of operation, upkeep, and responsibilities of the two.

I’ve attached the PDF to this post for consideration by Hive leadership and the members of the board, and anyone on Discourse that would like to weigh in. We’re currently discussing this on the Slack in #leadership_discussion if you prefer. Please let me know what you think!

library.pdf (81.3 KB)

1 Like

Thanks for this nicely-detailed (LaTeX?) write-up. I like this idea.

I don’t know how many of the books made it to the new building from 2929, but I’d like to point out a past effort from one of our venerable founders, Menninger:

That’s now 10 years old, but the librarything link is still active and has 378 books listed.