Large Project Organization and Misc Wood Piles

I am sure Coy would want his spot still

If that’s the case he hasn’t shown any interest, and he’s responded to other posts on the mailing list.

Not trying to be an ass but I really don’t think december is the month to really set deadlines. Just out of thought for the holidays and what it entails for people who especially have their work use and abuse them I would motion to extend the wood storage / moving of stuff / getting spots figured out…say maybe January 14th? That way with 2 extra weeks it gives people the time who want to move their stuff out of storage. People making travel plans, family plans, massive amounts of kids activities, and for those who do out reach and charitable stuff are already stretched thin.

I understand the desire to give people extra time, and I see what you’re saying, but really we just need them to respond to this thread. If they don’t have time to respond to a thread on the official mailing list, then maybe they shouldn’t have things in temporary storage. They’re clearly not actively working on the project, or engaged in the community.

Dec 31st gives them gave them approximately six weeks from the initial post, which is half the time between re-ups. If we extend it as you suggest then we’re at 2 months, so why even have a system where they have to re-up every 3 months?

If they need some time to get things done, I can work with that. If they can’t be bothered to respond in six weeks, I don’t think 2 months is going to help, and I think it’s reasonable to give their space to somebody who is interested.

I also need to balance this with the people who want space, and potentially new members who will want space in the future. What do you think we should tell people on the waiting list when we have no space because people are so inactive they can’t respond to a thread?

Kevin has a point…

Andrew has a point…

I agree with Dave! :wink:

Not to play the bad guy, but Coy has had plenty of opportunity to voice his opinion and has responded that he’s amenable to selling some of the wood, and removing his personal “medium” CNC router. He’s not raised an objection to the removal date, nor has he asked for additional time etc. He’s been rather active in the thread, and was present when the vote was proposed.

Also I agree with Dave B. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve heard from Coy, we’re now just waiting on Jon.

Jon is no longer on the mailing list. I’ll call him today.
-D

Thanks. I also sent him a personal note, and I was hoping Elly would mention it to him.

I didn’t initially respond because I wanted more clarity on what was going to be done with the vote and you mentioned you were going to give people 30 days to respond. Has it even been a week? What I told Andrew in his private message to me was I’d give up my spot IF we kept the better CNC storage. The proposal at the meeting never mentioned removing the CNC storage and we discussed keeping sheets down there for people to use. It can be moved somewhere else if he wants to use that space differently. I’m very flexible to change but I’d hate to lose something that I believe is important to the CNC area and the main reason I am a paying member.

Which is fine, as I said in the personal communication, you can wait. And actually it was more like 6 weeks.

I did mention it to him :slight_smile: We have 30 more days for people to respond. No need to make a stressful/rushed deal out of this.

I did the renewals for a year and a half, and sometimes you just have to private message people to get a response. This is a trend you all will find is common as you are around more, especially in an environment where it is personal and fun for most folks. People don’t read everything ASAP that goes on the mailing list. Which is where, as leadership or someone who has a part in running the space, emailing people privately comes into the equation of being as excellent as possible to our members, (especially around an important thing that requires participation from most members, think when we need quorum and need to hear from 75% of the membership :wink: ). Yes it is more work for us, but after long days of family and work not everyone wants to read through our very active mailing list more than a few times a week or month. (And yes, that might mean they miss out on a talk, a vote or a class).

I’m not, not sure where that impression came across. Thanks for nudging him, not sure how to get ahold of him otherwise.

That was mainly a comment to the whole thread, as it seems that point may have been missed with all the rapid discussion going on right now. :wink:

So, we’re in violent agreement! :slight_smile: Thanks.

I’ve now heard from all parties. I’m going to be shuffling some stuff in the unlabeled slots around this weekend to see if I can find room for Alex and Tim.

RE: the CNC machine and the woodshop

What about
a) removing the medium CNC
b) make the CNC PC tower mobile (if it isn’t already)
c) rotating the big CNC 90º and putting it into the corner (with space around it to allow use of the widest ShopVac).

This would keep stuff from accumulating behind it (well, quickly accumulating behind it), while freeing up the rest of the space.

John2pt0

as a reminder - slot 2 is very much me - just very much unlabeled.

Clay