Large Project Organization and Misc Wood Piles

As the Woodshop Warden it’s my responsibility to have people renew for the long term project storage in the woodshop. I’m going to do the renewal from Now until March, just to keep things simple, because we fell out of step for a moment. There is also a large pile of wood in a corner next to the long term storage. If it’s your wood, please take it home, or move it into large project storage. As it stands, it’s also not possible to use the 3-4 slots closest to the wall easily. If you want help with this please let me know.

I have the following names, please just indicate that you’re using the space. I have added this page to the wiki to track things, instead of using the monthly tags. I’m also planning on numbering the slots, but for now just indicate that you’re using your space. Currently we also have at least one Hive member who has indicated they would like a space, I’m sure there are others. If you want space, please indicate that, and I’ll add you to the waiting list. Those who have space please be considerate of others. I think we can find a few empty spaces if we just handle the unlabelled spaces/Hive storage correctly.

Also we have a couple of unlabeled spots in the large project storage.

Both this and the wood in the corner needs to be claimed and dealt with by December 31st, or I will consider it abandoned and put it on the wood scrap pile. If you have a slot and do not claim it, and leave the wood in that slot, I will make every attempt to contact you, and then the wood will be moved to the wood scrap pile.

As things currently stand it’s getting very cluttered in the woodshop, and I’d like to cut down on that.

People who have space
Daniel McNamara
Tom Meyer
Lorin Parker
Jon Neal
James Hartley
Coy Paeltz
Ryan Hersey
Mike Howarth
Elly Hall
Myself

People who want space
Alex MacDonald

People who have tags on exactly the same space
Dan/Tom - Not sure if they’re sharing, or if the tag got moved.

Please forgive me if I’m misspelled your name.

Here are pictures of all the unclaimed spaces. If it’s your wood, please let me know. (Yes, I know the pictures show claimed spaces as well)

Wood me.

Gotcha, thanks!

Daniel and Tom are sharing a space. This was because neither needed a whole space but still wanted materials down at the Hive. Combining spaces and sharing is a great way to save space. I had a few people interested in that type of arrangement as well.

I created and managed the storage myself while I was warden for over a year, so you can also ask me for help/transitioning into that project if you want :slight_smile:

I would like to keep my space, as I use it and the wood in it at least weekly.

Ryan and Mike are sharing a space

Ryan and Mike are sharing a space

Thanks, I knew there was another doubled up space. Is this confirmation that Mike wants to hold onto it?

Daniel and Tom are sharing a space. This was because neither needed a whole space but still wanted materials down at the Hive. Combining spaces and sharing is a great way to save space. I had a few people interested in that type of arrangement as well.

Thanks, it was confusing to me because we have a couple of doubled up spaces, often right next to unlabeled spaces.

I created and managed the storage myself while I was warden for over a year, so you can also ask me for help/transitioning into that project if you want :slight_smile:

I’m aware, I linked to your project in the new wiki page. :wink: I might have a question about making new owner labels/using the laminating machine, otherwise I think I’d like to move the record keeping to the wiki. I suspect that the owners aren’t going to change a lot. Totally promise not to make myself certified at everything! :wink:

I would like to keep my space, as I use it and the wood in it at least weekly.

Done, thanks!

Wait list me too!

Done

I have a space in there already - unlabeled waiting on one per Greg.

Added to the wiki. I’ve got a label, but I don’t know where the binders/string is.

string and binder clip is on the right shelving unit (about 5 and a half feet off the ground or so) in a small white box at the back

and by right shelving unit - i mean the ones with the hand tools on them

Thanks, that’s what I remember as well, and yet, no box. Could be it’s been eaten by the Hive demons.

:frowning:

A quick update. I’ve added numbers to the top of the slots, and I’ve updated the wiki accordingly. Numbering starts from the wall and works out.

Still waiting to hear about the random bits shoved into various unlabeled slots.

Also I have the following people who still haven’t indicated that they want to keep their slots:
Tom Meyer/Daniel McNamara
Jon Neal
Coy Paeltz
Ryan Hersey/Mike Howarth

Once again if I don’t hear from the people in those slots I’ll be contacting them, and then moving anything unclaimed into the wood scrap pile.

I’d like to keep my (shared) spot.
Mike

I’m pretty sure Ryan Hershey will be keeping his spot as we use the wood to build makerfaire stuff from his, and I was going to be throwing my makerfaire stuff in that one…so I wouldn’t get rid of that one. I know Ryan has been really busy with work lately.

I’m pretty sure Ryan Hershey will be keeping his spot as we use the wood to build makerfaire stuff from his, and I was going to be throwing my makerfaire stuff in that one…so I wouldn’t get rid of that one. I know Ryan has been really busy with work lately.

Could be, you’ll notice I’m giving people over a month to respond to this before anything drastic is done. If the people using the spot can’t respond in a month, then maybe temporary project storage isn’t for them. It also doesn’t seem fair to hold a spot for somebody who can’t respond in a timely manner when we’ve got two people waiting.

I’d like to keep my (shared) spot.
Mike

Done. Which also takes care of Ryan.

Keep my spot please

Done. That leaves Jon Neal, and Coy.

It also sounds like nobody knows anything about the random bits of stuff that have been jammed into the various slots.

1st slot has what looks like green insulation foam, and bits of the door used to make the long table with the radial arm saw.
4th slot has a bunch of blank yellow sheet foam or placards.
9th slot has a bunch of OSB and plywood scraps.

This weekend I’ll probably be moving some of this random stuff into the wood scrap and re-organizing so that we have slots for Alex and Tim G.