Summer is coming. It will be hot and humid all too soon.
Last summer, Hive13 opened windows and ran fans to stay safe from COVID.
It was ugly hot. The old window A/C units from 2929sg were not enough.
Our lowest bid for central A/C was $8400. Plus work Hive13 would need to do. Worried that $9000+ was a lot of money for a few weeks of cool, we put it off until 2021.
Now it’s 2021 and $9000 for Air Conditioning is still a lot to take from Hive13 reserves.
We are asking members to Donate what they can to help Make it a COOL Summer and Hive13.
There has already been $1000 donated for A/C.
We only need $8000 more.
Who will be Next? No donation is too small.
Be creative, some members may have extra options such as employer donations to support nonprofits like Hive13.
Every dollar donated means another dollar that can be used to improve Hive13 in another way.
While we are asking members to contribute what they can toward installing A/C there are more ways you can help to Make Hive13 a COOL Place this Summer:
1) Recommend a friendly A/C contractor who would give Hive13 a good price.
2) Help with the work Hive13 needs to do for A/C to work in our budget.
· Two Electric service drops - 50A 230v circuits outside – $400 est
· Two Condenser support brackets / pad on first floor roof – Hive13 Make?
· Build a wall and doors to keep the cool up front – Hive13
· Cover the elevator #4 opening to keep the cool in Hive13 – Hive13
· Deliver the A/C Condenser(s) to the lower roof -2nd floor window – No crane needed
Contractors Scope of Work including all labor and material:
· Provide and install (2) 5 ton 13 to 16 seer condensing units on 1st floor roof
· Provide and install (2) 5 ton case evaporator coils in the plenum duct
· Reconnect supply air ductwork
· Install refrigerant piping including pressure test - Charge with R410A refrigerant
· Install control and power wiring
· Provide and install condensate drain piping to the exterior
· Perform system test and start up - Check operation
Can you Beat These Quotes?
BME - $13,220
Rick’s HVAC $ 9,890
Advanced Mechanical of Northern Kentucky (installed the furnaces) $ 8,400
Make your pledge by posting to this thread or contact Jim Dallam directly if you wish to remain anonymous.
Thanks for all you do for Hive13.