Wine Making and Soldering Iron Donations?

Hi All,

New here, I figured a hackerspace might want some equipment I’ve been trying to get out of my house.

I have a bunch of winemaking stuff, including a magnum floor bottle corker.

I also have a Aoyue 2901 soldering iron:

I’m sure you already have irons, but it’s nice to have extras when you’re teaching classes, etc.

They’re yours if you want them, otherwise I’l sell them on craigslist/drop off at Goodwill.

P.S. I saw you had a KiCAD talk a few years back. Very cool. I became part of the lead development team this last year, so it’s good to know there are other users locally.

Mike

I will say yes to the winemaking stuff at least. That floor corker is the exact kind of thing we should have. Something no one needs to own and store, for the two times a year that it is invaluable to have. :expressionless:

1 Like

Damn. And i bought one of those about a year back

I’m going to say yes to the soldering iron. another decently capable iron will not be a problem

Both the winemaking tools and the soldering iron I believe would be of great use to the Hive! @MikeW, do you have a preference on drop-off/pick-up for the stuff? I can facilitate that if need be–and I’ll additionally clear some stuff in storage around so we have some place to park it while we find a more permanent home for our winemaking/brewery/fermentation equipment.

Great, I’m glad you all want them. We were hoping to come to the mechanical keyboard meetup since my wife and I are both interested, but we’ve had sick kids this week so who knows :rofl: I

That floor corker is the exact kind of thing we should have. Something no one needs to own and store, for the two times a year that it is invaluable to have.

Exactly! Selfishly, if I give it to the Hive at least I know where to find one if I ever need it again.