Wine and Paint Night Discussion

Hi Hive folk!

I’m gauging interest in a wine and paint night. I know this has come up in a few conversations I’ve had with members, and I’m willing to organize the thing, I just have a couple questions.

1. Interest: How many people are interested in attending something like this? Basically for those unfamiliar with the concept, the idea is there’s a guided painting that a group of people do, while enjoying some wine/beer.

2. Is this something we can do at Hive13? I figure I’ll have to check IDs before leading the thing, and figure out a way to make sure people aren’t getting into their cars completely hammered, I just want to make sure I could do this kind of event without causing any problems, and what sorts of guidelines would have to be followed so that I’m not violating any bylaws or anything.

Anywho, I think it could be a fun event to hold, and wanted some input on figuring out the logistics of it.

Thanks!

I’m interested.

A couple questions:

When you say “a guided painting that a group of people do”, do we all work together on the same canvas or do we all do our own paintings on our own canvas. I would hate to dash the artistic visions of others by ruining their otherwise beautiful painting.

Regarding alcohol, IDs and driving my opinion that the best thing to do here is make it BYOB with drinking only permitted by anyone 21 or over and intoxication discouraged. Same as any other day at Hive13. Seems like it would get messy with details really fast to do it any other way.

My thought was to have an already determined painting demo that people could follow along making on their own canvases. Example: “Here’s a pretty tree scene! Let’s paint it. Here’s how we can do it!” However, of course you can do whatever painting you’d like. If you want to paint a flower and we’re painting a beach, go for it! You want to paint some red trees instead of green trees? Perfect! The main thing is I don’t want people to shy away if they feel “oh, I’m not good at painting” “Oh, I have no idea what to paint”

Okay, that about lines up with what I was thinking.

Sorry, I’m bad at explaining things.

BOB FUCKING ROSS!!!

Yeah! All the happy trees!

Have you seen the Deadpool Bob Ross video. (Very funnny)

https://youtu.be/2-5Wv9UGkN8

OMG that was incredible.
-D

btw, my wife is super excited for this. They had a Bob Ross paint-a-long at the milford library a while back and she was so sad that she couldn’t attend.
-D

Ally was working on something similar. Touch base with her because she was working some of these details out with an event she was thinking about doing.

Neat! I’ll have to reach out.

Or potentially have a reoccurring event that you alternate hosting… Wondertwins Twins powers combine…

It’s wonder twins power “activate”. :roll_eyes:

You are absolutely correct, I have no idea what I was thinking…

Remember that Aly is but 19 years old and is not legally old enough to do Bob Ross paintings.

Actually I think she can do the Bob Ross painting stuff, just not the drinking wine stuff.

Bob Ross is a gateway to drinking wine. It’s a slippery slope. Once you’re hooked, you’re hooked. I don’t want to have anything to do with corrupting youth.

I have a habit of forgetting what a Rob Roy (Scotch Manhattan) is called and accidently calling it a Bob Ross… not sure what slippery slope that might be…

I’d think Bob Ross is more of a gateway to THC.

Monster Energy drink is a gateway to Meth . . .

One could argue anything is a gateway to anything.

Why are you so argumentative today? Lets build a happy little cloud. Lets build some happy little trees.