Wet floors and compressor

Could we just use a high current air conditioner electronic contactor inline before power into thr switching box? I have used them on some similar size applications with good success. We could use a air pressure sending unti not to start the compressor untill it drops to 90 psi or whatever factory is set at. This would only be affecting the power going into into the compressor and would just need a dmall 60v or 40v transformer to enerigize the contacor at really low amperage.

Amazon link… and the line in powrr to energize the coils could be on a simple small digital timer as they are low amp.

OneTrip Parts Contactor 2 Pole 40 Amp Protactor Heavy Duty Enclosed Replacement For Carrier Byant Payne P282-0421 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008GOICMU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_WYqIBbT7PG0JB

They do make higher current contactors of course, I just through a 40 volt one as I hsd it in my cart and am swtching to those to remotely turn on my compressors that are basement mounted from the garage easily. Those relayd are built for a lot of cycles in a not so clean environment. I have used about 10 of the one trip brand contacors this year fixing other peoples OLD OLD ac units.

My surgery did not go well/or as intended for the bad and the good as I have a lot of time on my hands to work on the compressor stuff.

Here’s the foolproof solution:

1. Remove the motor and convert the air compressor to a manual hand-cranked air compressor.

2. Rename the metal room the “crank house”.

3. A person in the “crank house” must loudly shout “CONTACT!!” before beginning to operate the air compressor crank. This would reduce the ambiguity of whether the compressor is on or off. It would also resolve any issues with starting.

4. Install a time-linear crank-dependent pressure release mechanism by drilling a small pin-hole into an air line using a saphire tipped niobium-manganate split point drill. This would ensure that the system does not remain pressurized unless under close supervision by the crank operator.

5. To satisfy noise curfew, it is forbidden to shout “CONTACT!!” between the hours of 10:30pm and 8:00am.

Since a member would need to be furiously cranking in order to utilize compressed air, the compressor could never be on when members are not present.

Lorin

Addendum:

2a. Any place in which compressed air is delivered and used shall be referred to as the “blow zone”. The operator of compressed air at this point shall be designated as the “jobber”.

Glad to see the meds are working. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’ve ordered the parts necessary to shut it off during quiet hours.

I figured it would have taken longer to source a manual hand crank. Who knew?

Its being borrowed from his sybian… :X

Lorin please refrain from those statements as laughing hurts extremely bad lol.