Wanted: Stainless Steel Countertop or Workbench

I just wanted to put this out there in case anyone sees something (I know a lot of our members stalk auction sites and craigslist):

I am looking for a stainless steel workbench or countertop to use as the glasswork station at the hive. Ideally, it needs to be 24-36 inches deep, and more than 6 feet long (or two sections 3+ feet long would be suitable). A used food prep station from a restaurant, or used stainless kitchen counter would be suitable. I’m open to both full tables/workbenches or just the tops.

Thanks!

Kevin M.

Another thought would be to visit our landlords. They sell anything on the yard for 2x scrap metal value. They have stainless sorted out, obvs. When I built my smoker grill, I used a stainless steel bread cart from Garden St. If you bribe the employees, they’ll even torch cut pieces down if you don’t want to buy the whole thing.
-D

Yeah, if you have never walked around the Garden Street Metal scrap yard, you seriously need to. All manner of stainless steel items, all separated into their own area for your convenient browsing.

Schwinn, you want to run over there with me one day and see what we can find?

Absolutely. I love tromping through that place! I suggest wearing boots for safety

Lemme know when you decide to go. I might be interested. I have an account with them too, which means less paperwork if you do find something you like.
-D

Hey, Kayla found someone willing to donate a 36" x 96" sheet of stainless steel to use as the glass workbench table top, but it requires we pick it up on Friday between 8:00 and 4:30. Is anyone with a truck able to do that this Friday?

I can probably do that on the early side. It will fit in the bed of my truck. Where?
-Dave