VOTE: SawStop Professional Cabinet Saw and Accessories

I have confirmed stock with E. B. Mueller, everything is set up for us to have our SawStop on Monday. They have everything except the Floating Dust Collection Blade Guard in stock. They are able to load it in the truck for me, but I will likely need help unloading it at the hive Monday evening. Can I get a few people to volunteer to be there? It’s 550 lbs, so we either need a fair number of people, or one person comfortable operating the forklift.

Jim has confirmed, our SawStop is now at the hive. We will be unloading/unpacking and beginning assembly this evening.

PXL_20210913_161357980.MP.jpg

Partially assembled and aligned. The saw itself is fully assembled and the table and blade are aligned within .003". I plan to refine that alignment after everything else is assembled to the saw and it’s sitting in it’s final location. Please don’t use it till the fence is installed and aligned and the dust collection is hooked up.

PXL_20210916_020034268.jpg

Bada-bing, Bada-boom: we are up and running!

PXL_20210917_021136695.jpg

Everyone please note: there are some peculiarities to using this saw that make it slightly different than most, particularly when changing blades.

If you are a “whatever blade is on it” user, it’s pretty much the same as the old saw to you, just make absolutely sure that what you are cutting isn’t conductive (the saw can test this, read the manual) and doesn’t have any nails or staples in it. They WILL set off the brake if you cut them.

For users who are likely to change blades: there is an extra step you MUST take when you change blades. You have to check/set the gap between the brake and the blade teeth. If you don’t do this, it can either accidentally set the brake, or it can render the brake useless if you do have an accident. It’s very simple to set the gap, just please ask to be shown, or READ THE MANUAL.

Thanks everyone!