VOTE: Materials to Complete Hot Crafts Area Buildout Projects $1200

The Hot Crafts Area Committee has been hard at work! At our first meeting early this month we developed a thorough To-Do list of the unfinished buildout tasks that remained in the area, as well as any known items requiring maintenance/repair.

Yesterday, we had our first workday to try and push those items to be done, and were very successful on several fronts! However, we have reached the point where in order to cross the finish line, we will need to buy some materials.

This spreadsheet contains the list of materials we believe are required to knock out the remainder of the open items on the To-Do list. The biggest item on the list is the ductwork required to provide make-up air for the vent hood (so that we don’t keep messing with people’s 3D prints by leaving the window open over there). The list otherwise contains a number of small budget items, like an improved faucet and plumbing bits for the sink, the electrical stuff required to hook up the craft oven, materials to extend the vent hood over the kiln and craft oven, etc.

The total budget I’m requesting for these efforts to be able to call the hot crafts area buildout “complete” is $1200. This covers all the items on the list, with a bit of a buffer in case additional items pop up while working.

This vote will close during the 2022/03/08 meeting.

Thanks,

Kevin M.
Hot Crafts Area Warden

I vote yes

I also vote yes. I also urge anyone interested in getting the hot crafts area fully functional to please also vote yes, as these materials are necessary for us to make further progress on getting the equipment all hooked up, and safe ventilation finished (most importantly, among several other smaller tasks).

Thanks,

Kevin M.

Yes

I vote yes! Our hot crafts area has really been getting the attention of new members lately, so having it ready to go as functional as possible seems like a no brainer to me.

yes

Yes

Yes

YES is my vote.

Add my Yes.

Yes from me.

Yes!

This vote has passed! :slight_smile: