VOTE: Lampwork Handtool Kits - $3350

This vote is for additional hand tools for the lampwork bench, with the goal of getting the bench set up to be able to do more interactive, skills-promoting classes. This would contribute to that by making it so that each bench station had it’s own full set of tools so that students all have what they need without having to share tools between the stations.

Each kit would be a metal, 20" toolbox, with color coded tools and an inventory sheet containing:

• Tweezers, Serated, 10"
  • Tweezers, Flat, 10"
  • Tweezers, Tungsten
  • Flat Mashers
  • Graphite Paddle, Small
  • Graphite Paddle, Large
  • Reamer, Pencil
  • Reamer, standard
  • V Blade
  • marble mold
  • Wax Block
  • Jacks, Standard
  • Sophietta, bent
  • Carving tool set, 5 pc
  • carbide scoring knife
  • diamond shears
  • bonsai shears
  • Tungsten pick, straight
  • Claw Grabbers
  • Bowl Push
  • Hemostat grabbers
  • Hot tongs
  • Striker
  • Toolbox

The full budgeted list can be found here. The total comes to $3350 (including a buffer for taxes and shipping), primarily driven by a small number of expensive tools we don’t currently have, but are needed for classes people have requested).

I look forward to teaching some more exciting classes at the hive when this vote passes!

Thanks,

Kevin McLeod
Hot Crafts Warden

I vote yes.

I vote yes!

I vote yes!

I vote yes

I vote yes!!!

I vote yassss

I vote yes!

I vote yes.

I vote yes

I vote yes on this one too

I vote yes.

I vote yes

I vote Yes.

This vote passed at Tuesday’s meeting, I will get everything on order!

Most of these items have been ordered from Mountain Glass Arts (Exceptions listed below). Because they are currently in the process of shifting their inventory from the Ashville location that was destroyed by the hurricane, it will likely be 2-3 weeks before all the backordered items are available and ready to ship.

The Jacks have been ordered form Jim Moore, the Marble Molds from Firebug Tools, and Colored Heat Shrinks for tool kit labeling ordered from buyheatshrink.com. I expect all those to ship within a week.

Caiden has volunteered to pick up the Toolboxes from Harbor Freight in person.