Vote - Additional $10,000 for the Move to 2701

Please, make your votes here, online, before the meeting tonight if you want to vote and have not yet. In-person voting is not a great option with our current online meeting format.

Yes

Yes

Yes!

I already voted YES but I think most of us are concerned about the financial future of the group.
I have looked at the numbers on the Hive13 website and frankly they don’t tell me much. I can’t tell how much of the already budgeted move expenses have actually been spent. I don’t know what the expenses for the new space are/will be. I think most of us could really use a quick summary of the overall financial situation at the Tuesday meeting.

Short answer: We’re doing pretty well. Membership is steady. Our spending is running higher than estimated for electric, but the original budget wasn’t increased for the added floor space. So OK.

Duct work was an added cost to get heat more evenly distributed.

As of July 13 this was the payment status of the first $15,000 budgeted for the move.

From the original $15,000.00 budget, there were reimbursed $11,661.11 for expenses to date, leaving $3,338.89 remaining. There is a minor issue to verify the second Lowes LAR from 5/28 with ChrisD, and I believe DaveV will be submitting invoices for expenses related to the latest door security work at 2701SG.

August rent of $2875 has been paid.

Dave

I (Drew Weller) votes yes.

Yes

Thanks Dave. That clears up some of the mystery.
Is there anyway I (or another ordinary member) could have figured this out?

image.png

Nope. These numbers came from Jim D.

image.png

Yes

I vote yes.

yes

I vote yes. After this, however, I would like to see a projected list of additional anticipated spending so we can put them in order of priority and ear mark the funds. When we look at how much money we have to work with going forward we need a clearer picture. Get your list together of things that are going to cost us money and don’t keep it a secret.

Dave - it's been in the meeting agenda and minutes... I don't think anyone has been keeping secrets...

Oh, I know this $10,000 has been on our agenda since the very decision to move. I’m talking about going forward. There are future expenses everywhere you look in 2701. Let’s get them listed and prioritized.

I had the following from meeting discussion recorded in minutes, what else needs to be added?

High Priority (this vote):
Electrical Panels W and Z mains connection
HVAC Ductwork bill (already installed)
dust collection and fume extraction blowers and ducting
sinks (kitchen and wash sinks)

Lower Priority (future votes):
Air conditioning
Doors on spaces
Kitchen

I guess one thing that wasn't specifically spelled out, but I had assumed was already in the budget was the stuff for Air lines.

While I don’t think we have figured out the details, lighting and being to control it near the room it is in should be at least thought out some more.

My vote is yes.

This vote has passed with 26 Yes votes and 0 No votes