VOTE: $250 for Steel for random Hive13 Improvement Projects

Since I am already ordering steel for the group-buy, I’d like to get some for various Hive13 improvement projects. We have many places we could easily make small fixtures and stands to make things easier to use, but it’s never worth paying the premium to get just enough steel for those things.

The list of things I’d like to build include:

• angle grinder rack
  • metal sawing station
  • bench grinder station/pedestals
  • vice pedestals
  • horizontal metal storage for “up for grabs” metal
  • Base/Cabinet for the Roland CNC
    I have not made detailed plans for those things, since they are all little simple things that would be faster to just build from a mental image if the material was on-hand.

To support that, This vote is for $250 to go toward steel for Hive13 project use. combined with the $200 that Vicente has offered to donate for this purpose, that is enough to get us ~12 each of the 1" and 2" 24ft square tubes for hive use.

This vote will close on the 2020-08-25 meeting. please remember that due to the meetings being on video, we are doing all voting by mailing-list response.

Thanks,

Kevin McLeod

I vote YES.

I vote yes.

Thanks for setting this. Hopefully this we'll be able to make some cool stuff with it pretty soon.

I vote YES

I vote YES.

Bill

Yes!

Yes

I vote YES.

Sounds like a great idea.

I vote yes

Yes

John O votes yes.

I vote yes.

I vote yes.

I vote Yes.

vote yes

voting on this ends tomorrow, please get your votes in if you wish to not abstain.

I vote yes.

yes

I vote yes

I vote yes

Thank you,
Rob