TI's teaching site

http://e2e.ti.com/group/universityprogram/educators/w/wiki/default.aspx

I stumbled across this in a link from one of the newsletters I skim over. TI seem to have a pretty good chunk of educational oriented material for their DSPs, MCUs, etc. It seems to mostly be freely downloadable. I haven’t had a chance to check the depth + quality of what’s available yet but a first glance was pretty impressive.

They also had all sorts of interesting goodies:

BeagleBone Black, a 1Ghz Cortex A8 dev board for $45:
http://e2e.ti.com/group/universityprogram/educators/w/wiki/2422.beaglebone-black.aspx

And a whole bunch of interestingly designed, interestingly priced MCU and add-on boards. I had written TI off. Oops. Nice to see some interesting stuff that isn’t aimed purely at 10,000+ unit buyers coming out of them again.

-D

TI has been doing stuff like this for a handful of years now. Did you miss the launchpad? :stuck_out_tongue:

Another note: TI is fantastic about sampling if you want to try out some of their chips.

I received 2 BeagleBone Black boards in the mail yesterday. Not sure exactly what I’m going to do with them yet. If someone wants one let me know and I can bring it tonight.

Coy

The Stellaris Cortex M3 is a phenomenal processor. I was an Atmel loyalist for years until I discovered this chip. It’s an animal for just a few dollars. And yes they will let you sample the hell out of them. 5 or 6 years ago when I was still in school I had every person I could think of sign up for a TI account with their school email address and ordered samples to all of them. I’ve literally got a bucket of TI chips. You can also use an unlimited version of their compiler with their development kits which generally come with on board JTAG.

I’m kind of a fan…

I’ve got an EvalBot if anyone wanted to play with it. Maybe if I offer to donate it I’ll finally work up the motivation to make my way down there and meet you guys.

You should totally roll down! Im more enamored with the stm32 right now, but there are lots of good folk to talk with.
Dave B.

When is a good time to come down?

Tuesday night meetings will catch the most folk. I’ll be down there this afternoon working on the CANiTM boards (which are STM32F417) at some point. You may want to look at the hive calendar and see if anything coming up strikes your fancy.
-D