Time for loading/unloading

Hello everyone,

What is the expected time helping loading the trucks do the maker faire?

The meeting point is at the hive r somewhere else?

Julien

I assume the meeting point is at the hive because there was a table staging for it there.

Whenever it is, can someone please add 6 pairs of safety glasses in various sizes to the pile to go, and report back that is has been done? That’s the one thing I forgot to pick up on Tuesday, and If I don’t have to stop by the hive first it will be easier to the center after work.

I went ahead and placed 6 on our staging table marcus.

As for a meet up time: I will be down there for a good chunk of the day, but if people who are helping could get here by maybe 4 at the latest that would be awesome. We probably only need five or six people as we dont have a ton of stuff. Our time for the loading dock is 5:10 or 5:20, but I would like to be there at 4:50 or 5.

Thanks!

I’ll have a truck at the Hive back loading dock tomorrow (Friday) between 6:00 and 6:30pm or so and could use a few folks to help move the Power Tool Drag Race track and setup into the truck at that time.

I’ll drive the truck home overnight and then be at Union Terminal south parking lot starting at 7:00am Saturday morning to setup prior to the 11:00am start of the Faire. Any help is welcome that morning.

Tear down and return unpacking at the Hive is after 6:00pm Sunday if there are a few left to help then too.

Jim

Does anyone want to borrow my truck? I have a wedding in Columbus on Saturday but I’m more than happy to let folks borrow the truck. It has company insurance on it so anyone can drive it.

-Dave B.

There is funding for the PTDR to rent a box truck. That lets us load it at the Hive Friday night; be at the Union Terminal parking lot to start setup at 7:00am Saturday morning, leave the truck as a parked storage space next to the track over the weekend, then be there for a quick load out and return to the Hive after 6:00pm Sunday.

Jim

If anyone other than power tool drag racing wants a truck, holler.
-D

We are taking about a couple of different things. I’m sure everyone knows the times they are responsible for, but just to help anyone following along, here are the load in slots. In theory you have exactly 10 minutes starting from the time listed.

Friday 5:00PM, Polar3dLLC

Friday 5:20PM, Hive13 general activity and learn to solder.

Saturday 7:00AM Power tool drag races

The full list:

Friday, September 12, 2014
Time Maker
4:00 p.m. Christmas Lights
4:10 p.m. Lakota Robotics
4:20 p.m. Oddities in Technicolor
4:30 p.m. Fantastic Four – First Lego League
4:40 p.m. Do Science 24/7
4:50 p.m. Stuarts
5:00 p.m. Polar 3D LCC
5:10 p.m. Gorilla Glue
5:20 p.m. HIVE13 (learn to solder and general activity booth)
5:30 p.m. R2-D2 Builders
5:40 p.m. Cincinnati Made
5:50 p.m. Smallhouse Models
6:00 p.m. Cincinnati Computer Cooperative
6:10 p.m. Girl Scouts of Western Ohio
6:20 p.m. 3DLT
6:30 p.m. Greater Cincinnati STEM Collaborative
6:40 p.m. Automated Barbie Apartment
6:50 p.m. Flying with VR
7:00 p.m. Cincinnati Modern Quilt Guild
7:10 p.m. Zion3d Printers
7:20 p.m. BrickPi Robots
7:30 p.m. Modularem
7:40 p.m. Happen Inc.
7:50 p.m. Ascent

Makers that load in on Friday, September 12 will have until 8:30 p.m. to set up their display. If the display is not complete by this time, you may return at 7 a.m. the next day to finish assembling.

*The following list will be loading in at the Front South Parking Lot of CMC
Saturday, September 13, 2014
Time Maker
7:00 a.m. HIVE13 Power Tool Drag Races
7:10 a.m. GoSun Stove
7:20 a.m. Bearcat Motorsports
7:30 a.m. MAKETANK Inc
7:40 a.m. DERPA

Can I get a few (1 to 3) replies to confirm help at the Hive at 6:00pm tonight for 20 minutes to load the PTDR into the U-Haul truck at the back loading dock?

Thanks, JimD

Yes i will be there.

It depends on how long I spend at union terminal unpacking stuff, but if I am back by then I can help.

I'll be by tonight for a bit around 7ish. I need to print a handful of my LTS jigs (if the gigabot is free) then I need to pick up my daughter from CMC at 8PM. I'll help out while I'm there.

I am thoroughly confused and am as of now currently at the Museum as I misunderstood the schedule and thought I was volunteering for unloading.

I guess I could make it up to the Hive in time to catch the truck leaving, but that seems pointless. Is there anything I can do while down here? And if so, where do I go?

I do have the little display box my dad John.2 has been working on in my car, here.

Went up to Hive. I guess I'll be there until I find out what's happening.

Did you go down to the loading dock or downstairs? I was there at our booth from 5 to 7:30. Hopefully you found people at the hive.

I went down stairs, saw a few people, became flustered when something wasn’t immediately obvious, and left. This is a typical response from me the first time I do anything.

I did eventually find people at the Hive, and thus deliver the beebox, so there was that.

I’m going to come down this afternoon, hopefully arriving around 14:00. I’ll be taking a look around, but I’ll be able to help for the rest of the day if needed/wanted.