Spread the word - Girls Who Code - has a free STEM summer program.

The world needs more women in STEM - Pass it on!

Forwarded Message Follows -

Hello!

I am writing to ask for your help with spreading the word about the free Virtual Summer Immersion Program (SIP) offered by Girls Who Code.

Girls Who Code is an international non-profit leading the movement to close the gender gap in tech, and SIP is our free, 2-week virtual summer program for current 9th - 11th grade cis and trans girls and non-binary students. These are students that will be rising 10th - 12th graders over the summer, during the program.

SIP participants learn the computer science skills they need to make an impact in their community while preparing for a career in tech. They join a supportive sisterhood and get an inside look into the tech field through virtual hosts like Twitter, AT&T, Bank of America, Walmart, and more! Plus, in addition to being a free program for all participants, Girls Who Code offers need-based stipends up to $300 to eligible students, as well as support to those who report they need tech access to participate.

Our general acceptance deadline is March 19th. Will you help us get the word out to as many folks as possible by sharing program information in any of your newsletters, email lists, social media channels, blog posts, or websites?

I’ve included language below, and I am linking this picture and logo for you to use as well. In case you are able to post videos, I am also including two short videos (<2 min) of students sharing how they found opportunity, community, and inspiration through SIP. You can find video 1 here and video 2 here.

If you have recommendations for other organizations to reach out to, please let me know, and of course, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to be in touch. Thank you in advance for all of your support to close the gender gap in tech! We greatly appreciate it!

Newsletter, Email, Blog Post, and/or Website Blurb

Headline: Learn to Code this Summer with Girls Who Code!

Copy: Encourage girls and non-binary students you know to get their start in tech by applying to Girls Who Code’s Virtual Summer Immersion Program (SIP)!

During this FREE, 2-week virtual program, current 9th - 11th grade cis and trans girls and non-binary students will learn the computer science skills they need to make an impact, get an inside look into the tech field, and join a supportive, lifelong sisterhood — all while being virtually hosted by influential companies like Twitter, AT&T, Bank of America, Walmart, and more. Participants will learn to code in a supportive environment and make lifelong friendships that encourage them to be brave, take risks, and stand up for what matters to them.

SIP is 100% FREE! Plus, Girls Who Code offers technology access and need-based stipends up to $300 to eligible students.

The application deadline is March 19th, and we strongly encourage students from underrepresented groups in tech to apply, including Black, Latinx, and students from low-income backgrounds.

Apply today at girlswhocode.com/sipapply!

Want to learn more? Join one of our informational webinars; check out this program flyer, or head to our FAQ page.

Social Media Blurb

Option 1: A FREE virtual summer program from @GirlsWhoCode for 9th-11th grade girls & non-binary students to learn coding with top companies…sounds amazing right? Learn more at girlswhocode.com/sip

Option 2: @GirlsWhoCode’s Summer Immersion Program is a FREE, 2-week virtual summer experience for rising sophomores, juniors and seniors to learn the computer science skills they need to make an impact in their community and prepare for a career in tech. Learn more at girlswhocode.com/sip

Note: Tag @GirlsWhoCode #GirlsWhoCode when posting to Twitter, Instagram or Facebook, and we’ll share the love from our channels!