Special Board Meeting for Suspension

Members of the Hive:

On September 20th 2024 – Juniper Preecs was observed taking food from an event they were not RSVPd to despite being told they were not to, and lying when caught. This is unacceptable behavior. This has happened before and been addressed with Juniper in the past alongside a documented history of inconsiderate and disruptive behavior.

Members of the Hive13 leadership team Jackson Buraczewski, CMO and Chris Davis, President acted to suspend Juniper’s access to Hive13 while further investigation takes place.

A Special Meeting for the Hive13 Leadership team is called on Thursday September 26, 2024 at 7:30 PM. During this meeting there will be a vote to consider:

1. Continue the suspension of Hive13 member Juniper for up to 180 days.
  2. Terminating the Hive13 membership of Juniper or postpone this decision until a later date.

Juniper may address Leadership in writing prior to the vote on Thursday September 26, 2024 at 7:30 PM and attend the meeting virtually.

Meeting ID
meet.google.com/hzn-ekiz-ojt

Phone Numbers
(‪US‬)
‪+1 570-989-0106‬

PIN: ‪537 280 675#‬

Members who have concerns or reports may contact any member of leadership. Any members who have any concerns may also email CMO@hive13.org to report them. The CMO will pass along these concerns anonymously.

180 days or total suspension seems excessive. 2 weeks and an apology/written warning/etc feels more appropriate considering the issues at hand. Personally I have found that they take good care of the shop equipment they use, are happy to chat with almost anyone, but gets the hint if someone wants to be left alone.

I’m not familiar with the details of the “documented history of inconsiderate and disruptive behavior”. However based only on the details in this post I agree with @fraleydl that 180 days seems like a lot.

To clarify, 180 days is the maximum possible length of a suspension of any member per our bylaws - it’s not specific to this situation.

Juniper has never been anything but friendly and considerate to me. I would hope that every opportunity be given to remedy the situation in a manner that does not involve suspension or expulsion. Not trying to condone any behavior or whatever. Just saying that based on what has been publicly presented this is not a case where expulsion is necessary or warranted.

-Dave

Hey there! Seems like there’s a bit of confusion with the boilerplate template. Leadership is looking to implement a two week suspension. The 180 days and termination are what the bylaws allow, not necessary what we intend to implement. I appreciate all the engagement and will take all the testimonial to the meeting.