See what all the fuss is about!

Our new super duper diaper pooper dust collection hyper connected boxamathing will leave you floored. Be amazed at the real working clear front, which uses the latest in 20th century technology! Marvel at it’s 4 working wheels as you wheel it to the dumpster! Never again with the phrase “I didn’t know it was full” be a valid reason for not emptying the dust collection.

Bonus Think up new excuses not to empty it:

• It frightens small children
  • Conflicts with certain tenements of my chosen religion, sub-genius
  • It’s somebody else’s turn
  • I didn’t think I created that much dust

Auto Generated Inline Image 1.jpgAuto Generated Inline Image 2.jpgAuto Generated Inline Image 3.jpg

Looks awesome!

Can’t wait to see the rodents scurrying around in there. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Brad

So Does the lid come completely off so you can wheel the whole thing out to the dumpster?

Correct. There are 4 clasps, two on each side that seal it when in use. Further it’s lighter than you might expect because of the clear plastic front.

That things is awesome. On a side note did you guys happen to see a long piece of acrylic down at the hive that was a half sheet long ways. I believe it was 7/16 thick and I had not seen it in a little while with things moved and in case you guys happened to find the stash at the hive where it got put. Dustin and I had got it from the building nextdoor for projects.

On a side note do you need any gasket material either foam, cork, or rubber to hel seal up the openings on the box?

That things is awesome.

Thanks!

On a side note did you guys happen to see a long piece of acrylic down at the hive that was a half sheet long ways. I believe it was 7/16 thick and I had not seen it in a little while with things moved and in case you guys happened to find the stash at the hive where it got put. Dustin and I had got it from the building nextdoor for projects.

There’s something like that behind the CNC, up against the pallet racks. There’s also a very large sheet of lexan, still wrapped behind the woodscrap pile, next to the CNC, in front of the window into the lounge.

On a side note do you need any gasket material either foam, cork, or rubber to hel seal up the openings on the box?

Thanks, but I think it’s good. I used caulk for the joints, after they were glued together. Between the yellow glue/caulk I think those are sealed.
The top has some hw store window sealing gasket. I’m wondering if that’s going to stay stuck, or if I’m going to need to use a stronger adhesive.
ATM, it’s not leaking, which is good, no sawdust everywhere, and it’s necessary for the cyclone to work correctly.

On a side note, it’s kinda fun to watch the dust swirl around inside the collector.

Does it need an exhaust to let the air out, or is is supposed to be sealed to encourage the big bits to fall to the bottom? I can mentally justify each way.
Sounds like a good argument topic for this thread. . . . .

Commence the flam wars . . . :fire:

Actually flam wars would be pretty cool.

The manual says it must be sealed so that the cyclone’s spinning action works. The old container had a metal strap to completely latch and seal the top.

I am wondering if the collection container form effects the cyclone. It’s not clear why they’re usually round cylinders. OTOH, it doesn’t seem to be effecting it right now, though it’s hard to tell with the opacity of the hose.

Aren’t most flame wars proceeded by some flam, at least from the wrong side of the argument? :wink:

https://youtu.be/_QyYaPWasos

On no, trolls are ore on this thread. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Gosh darn it Tim, that’s the reason why we can’t post nice things!

Lol sorry, I heard flam wars I had to

If people were serious about cooking, we might devolve into Flan Wars!

Snerksnort