Second Saturday Cleanup

Hey guys, Second Saturday Cleanup is upon us yet again, the date and time being April 9th from 12-5pm.

Something I feel that we are lacking at the hive might be what we are missing outside the hive. Sometimes we need to put the tools down, get together, have a drink or two and talk and laugh the night away. So this time around, I would like to incorporate a social function as a reward for a job well done. Once 5pm rolls around, we put away the tools and the cleaning supplies and we go to a bar and grab a drink. Maybe try a new restaurant try something new. Maybe we just go nuts at a arcade.

I believe that the decision as to where we should go should be left up to the people who put their blood, sweat, and tears into betterment of our makerspace. So we can ponder and discuss where we would like to go on Saturday while cleaning and improving the space. Feel free to leave suggestions to places you would like to go though, can’t hurt to have options!

Everyone makes messes down here, might as well come down and make up for the messes that you forgot to clean up.

And hey, the more people we have helping, the faster we will get done, and the sooner we can have some fun!~

P.s. Please don’t bring a project down to work on during these times. It’s very counter productive to have to try to clean around someone who is actively messing up the place. You know who you are >:C

So I just found out today that the UC committee that Lorin has been working with would like to host a meeting at the hive. So this means that having this Saturday cleanup is super important to the hive! Of the people that might show up are the heads of UC@IT, Head architect at UC, and heads of virtual reality and simulations research.

So please come down and help us clean up!

I don’t think I have time to help on Saturday, but I plan on being down there tomorrow and I will spend an hour or two cleaning up stuff.

I’ll be there Sat morning but I can’t do the afternoon or evening.

Thanks,

Brad

It’s like “the provost is coming” all over again! Haha

I will be there for at least part of it.

It would be really nice to first focus on the bigger picture of reorganizing spaces to have a good work and travel flow again. A lot of things have been changing in the past few months since the last big effort cleanup and it will be nice to incorporate those changes into better organization! :slight_smile:

This is news to me. This really is the first I’ve heard of this.

I’m out of town at the moment, so I can’t assist. I’ll be sure to pitch in when I get back, though.

Lorin