Rasberry Pi on sale today

Turns out they didn’t cancel my original order, so I have 2 or 3 more Raspberry Pis for people. Craig you’ve got dibs on one if you still want it. With S&H they were $38 each.

I’ll bring them in on Tuesday.

Dibs chrisdavis? I should be down monday but im not sure ill be able to make it tues.
Dave B

I'll buy one Tuesday nite if available and no one else has a prior
claim

Jim

Jim and Dave have dibs, one left if Craig doesn’t want his.

Note these are bare boards - you’ll need at least:

• A micro-usb cable to power it
  • An SD card, at least 4GB (a 2GB card may work but will make it a pain at minimum)
  • An SD card reader on a PC to image the card with the filesystem
  • A composite or HDMI cable and compatible monitor. Composite works just fine but obviously HDMI is preferable.
  • Bare bones USB keyboard and mouse. If your keyboard has multimedia keys it may be a problem - thanks Bill for figuring that out!

If you want to use any more USB devices outside the keyboard and mouse you will need an externally powered hub. My understanding is that the RPi does not have the fuses to protect the USB ports. There’s at least one of these at the hive now.

Thanks Chris! I do want to play with one of these but I admit I don’t have any time to do anything cool with it right now. I would rather see it go to a home where it will be put to good use.

Chris, did you ever find someone to buy it?
Thanks,
Tiffany

Sorry, yes - they went to people at that Tuesday meeting.

Sounds like I should just put in an order for another 4, whenever they show up people will want one.

lol - thanks anyways!! yeah, they seem to be backordered everywhere!