Queen City Merge

Greetings hackers,

Queen City Merge <http://qcmerge.com> takes place on May 10th & 11th and is a different kind of web conference. We are focusing on anyone who makes their living on the web. That could be programming, design, marketing, PR, or anything else (hence the "Merge")! We have modeled it after the Converge SE and Brookly Beta conferences, though rest assured it will be its own conference.

The other purpose for the conference is to showcase Cincinnati to attendees. We have local food & drink sponsors, the conferences takes place downtown, and we have booked the party deck at GABP for a Reds game following the last night of the conference.

I'm writing because of course I'd love it if as many of you guys attended as possible, but also because I feel the Hive is situated closely with our mission. Might any Hive members be interested in:

o helping organize or run the day of?
o speaking(!), or if not a member, might any members have connections to any luminaries in the space that might be a good fit? We have speaker packages available.
o set up an installation or display in the hallway track? (I'm thinking robots with knives)

Would you guys mind if a rep from QC Merge talked briefly at the Hive one week? Are you guys still meeting every Tuesday?

Cheers,
Gerard