Purchase: Belt and oscillating spindle sander

Hi all,

On Tuesday I mentioned that I would like the space to purchase a belt/spindle sander since I noticed a few people using other tools to do its’ job. It is an extremely useful tool for woodworking and will be a good addition to the space.

The details:
After doing a bit of research I decided to focus on a combination belt and oscillating spindle sander as almost everyone said that they were more versatile. The specific tool recommended is the Ridgid EB4424 for several reasons. It has great dust collection (for when we get our dust collector up and running), a wide belt for flat objects, an oscillating spindle for curved objects, and it is a high quality item that should last a long time.

Here is a link to the item: http://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-Oscillating-Edge-Belt-Spindle-Sander-EB4424/100061671
Also I would like to possibly purchase some extra belts, spindles, and maybe an “eraser” for belts that can help make them last longer.

This will all come to around $240 (no exact price due to taxes, etc not being included).

If you won’t make it to the next meeting to vote on the send me an email and I’ll forward you a survey vote!

Thanks,
Jon

Mostly directed at Jim–Could we have an update on approximate Hive savings? :slight_smile:

Mike

Jon:
The cognoscenti amongst woodworkers refer to the "sanding belt eraser" as a "booger bar".

Thought you ought to know...

John S.
john2pt0