Proposed Bylaw Revision - Creation of an election committee

Please endorse the following wording for the creation of an election committee.

1. For a vote of the Membership, the Directors shall appoint a three-member election committee, responsible to deploy the vote of the Membership, tally the votes and present the results. The committee members shall not be current officers or directors and shall not be named involved in the vote.

Needs to be edited so they just need to not be on the ballot or have a personal or financial relationship with someone who is – ie, without it @dkirkman can’t be on the committee despite him not running for reelection.

1 Like

I agree with Chris, as discussed in the Board meeting Monday, this needs to be revised to allow current leaders who are not involved in the vote in question to serve on the election committee.

With the revision Chris notated give or take on wording but same concept, I endorse.

Would this wording work?

1. For a vote of the Membership, the Directors shall appoint a three-member election committee, responsible to deploy the vote of the Membership, tally the votes and present the results. The committee members shall not be nominated for positions in the vote or have personal relationships with those nominated.

If so I’ll endorse it

1 Like

I endorse the revision proposed by cjdavis.
Thanks.

1 Like

i endorse with @cjdavis revision as well.

One more endorsement from me for good measure.

I endorse the revised wording.

Same over here, I endorse the revision. I am also pretty sure this doesn’t matter at this point, but I’m on island time until next week … :woman_shrugging::grimacing: