Proposal for vote: buy Coy's wood

This may be slightly rushed with no set details, but i am being rushed. So there is a currently a stock on good quality plywood owned by Coy at the hive, this wood is perfect for the CNC and would be used for 2 purposes:

1. CNC classes and certification
  2. private use by members who would purchase the wood from the Hive at cost.

This is a 3 part purposal to be voted on by the membership.
A) I purpose we offer to purchase all of the full sheets (I believe that are 5x5) from Coy at the cost he paid.
B) We find or create a flat storage area to prevent warping for this wood.
C)set up a feature on paypal (or similar to how we buy laser minutes) so members can purchase this wood.

As I do not know the costs, I am going to put a number I was told in a chat, and add some for additional storage.
The vote would be $3000. This would be estimated for $1500-2000 for the wood (see other thread for where I got this number) and the rest to create (If needed) storage. This may be a good reason to get the vertical lift storage I posted a weekish ago. Any unused funds are to be put back in the general funds.

Proposal made. Thanks!

hmm…

dead-horse.gif

I vote no.

dead-horse.gif

This is a 3 part purposal to be voted on by the membership.
A) I purpose we offer to purchase all of the full sheets (I believe that are 5x5) from Coy at the cost he paid.

There are no 5x5 sheets. I’d like to see a proposal that has some basis in what actually exists.

B) We find or create a flat storage area to prevent warping for this wood.

This already exists. It’s been there for weeks. When was the last time you actually visited the Hive?

As I do not know the costs, I am going to put a number I was told in a chat, and add some for additional storage.

This seems like a pretty important detail to omit from a proposal. It’s also not clear how this is any different from Tiffany’s proposal, which was already up when this went up. I don’t see how we need two proposals doing the same thing. This proposal seems poorly thought out and conceived, with a serious lack of understanding of the situation as it exists.

I also vote no.

I vote no.

No

I vote no.

I am revoking this proposal as There is two others currently out, regarding (and better worded) for this.