There are two events happening at the hackerspace tonight, anyone is welcome to come on down for just one or both events.
- 7:00 pm - Programming Night featuring Android SDK
- 7:00 pm - Hive13 Party clean-up and organization.
First, we will be having our weekly programming night. Currently the plan is to concentrate on learning the Android SDK. Tonight we will probably be concentrating on getting everyone’s development environments set up and discussing what all we want to do.
The other event is another Hive13 clean-up and organization evening. This coming Saturday we have our Open House planned and before that happens we have a lot of work that needs to be done. Here are some of the things that need to be done:
- Shelving unit in the back-corner needs to be cleared off and either screwed to the wall or taken down. It is leaning rather precariously.
- Go through the “Trash” section and do the following:
- Sort everything into like piles, aka put all the hazardous waste (PCB’s, etc…) into boxes, stack all the plastic together.
- Dispose of the plastic & garbage.
- Find someone who can properly dispose of the hazardous waste.
- Either find someone to take the servers and sell them, scrap them, or someone claim them. If there are any that are TRULY worth keeping (we are talking not Pentium II’s) then stack them out of the way.
- Finally, create a smaller trash zone near one of the exit doors.
- The ‘living room’ side of the office needs to be cleaned & organized
- Vacuum the office
- Sweep the floor & then mop it. (The mopping is sorely needed, look at some of the pictures from when we first had the space)
- Sweep the dirty room floor.
- Clean the kitchen area.
- Move items off the kitchen table & bar area to their proper locations. Some items in these areas are personal belongings of members that were left at the hive, I (Paul) mostly know what is what and I will be there tonight, ask me if you are unsure of something.
- Wipe down the kitchen table // bar // counter.
- Clean the sink, we need some scouring powder for this, I have noticed some corrosion on the sink.
- Clean out the fridge, there are some things left in there from the LAN party that I can pretty much guarantee are not going to be eaten, and there are open & flat 2-liters of pop in there which can be disposed of.- Clean the bathroom
- Sweep & mop the floor
- Wash out the sink
- Re-fill the hand-soap container. !NOTE! Use a combination of 1/2 water, 1/2 hand-soap because it is a foaming container.
- Wash out the toilet.