***POPUP CONCEPT CAMP*** This Saturday, 1pm-5pm Work Session, 5pm-7pm Public Event

Just a reminder, that the Pop-up Concept Camp put on by Pop-up Cincy, and concentrating on digital fabrication, making, etc (featuring HIVE13 as a community resource) is this Saturday!! It will be really great, and hopefully we will have a good turnout from Hive membership!

3501A BURNET AVE, in Avondale

Here are some photos of the space and contents so far, which consist of student projects from DAAP @ the University of Cincinnati. Hive contributions will be setup tomorrow night starting at 6pm, and Saturday morning starting at 10:30am. If you have anything to bring, please let me know and I will be certain to meet you on location in Avondale! If you want to contribute, but can’t drop it off in Avondale, let me know and I will come pick up from the Hive. Whether or not you are bringing an installation/object, please come to the event! It will be fun, there will be cool people from various disciplines there to meet, and there will be food, drink, and live interactive installations/ setups! You don’t need to do anything beforehand or do any preparations in order to participate in the event.

Work session (think productive conversation about ongoing projects, mixer of talents/interests/disciplines, and hopefully meetings of new collaborators/partners) is from 1pm to 5pm, and the much more public “block party” mixing the general community with our community will be from 5pm to 7pm. Hope to see you there!!

SNEAKPEAK PHOTOS:

WORK SESSION (eventbrite link here):

The goal of the CONCEPT CAMP is to have fun, and share ideas in a creative environment.
WHO will you meet? What will you SHARE?
March 28, 2015
Work Session: 1:00-4:30 PM (sign up required)
Community Celebration: 5:00-7:00 PM (all are welcome)

Concept Camp is a one day powerhouse of generating work + sharing ideas. Come to our March 28 work session from 1-4:30 to work on a project in our space or brainstorm with other participants. We are inviting creative thinkers from various sectors to learn from each other’s ideas and methods. Sign up on eventbrite!

We will provide a beautiful work space, tables, chairs, post-it notes, pin-up space, paper, and pens/pencil.

At the event, there will be space to pin your project outline on our “idea wall” so that other participants can offer their feedback or skillsets to help accelerate your work forward. We will provide simple proposal template you can use to draft your ideas then present on the wall.

PUBLIC EVENT:

POP-UP

CONCEPT CAMP### Pop-Up Cincy curates one-of-a-kind experiences that cause creative change in the community around them.

CINCINNATI, Ohio (Saturday March 28, 2015) Pop-Up Cincy is proud to announce its second Concept Camp in Uptown Cincinnati on Burnett and Rockwell Ave. Concept Camp is an creative mixer where you can make art and or share your project or idea. Simply attend the event and fill out an idea sheet when you arrive, describing your project and areas you might need help with. A portion of the idea sheet is open for others to write their suggestions and contact information that would help you. Mingle and share ideas, and by the end of the night, voila! You’re inspired and have new found connections.

Are you a business looking for a graphic designer? Do you make art but are looking for someone to build your frames? Concept Camp help’s you find your missing links and propel you forward. We hope to see you there.

POP-UP Concept Camp [Saturday March 28, 2015]
5:00 PM to 7:00 PM
3501 A BURNETT AVENUE & ROCKWELL/ CINCINNATI 45220

• ALL ARE WELCOME!
  • HELP us build a piece of artwork
  • ENGAGE with your community
  • ENJOY food and drink

www.facebook.com/popup.cincy

Katie,

My faculty and students are informed. I hope for a good turn out.

Lorin