Office AC conked out

If we have time for a group project tonight, I have a suggestion. I believe the AC unit in the office has died. I came in on thursday of last week and the office was very warm and uncomfortable, yet the AC was set on ‘Cool’ and ‘70F’ while only warm air blew from its vents. I checked out the radiator and it had ice built up in the condenser tray, thinking this might be the problem I turned it onto just ‘Fan’ mode and left for the day. I came back yesterday and the ice was gone, however the AC unit refuses to blow out any cool air.

We have been talking about replacing the unit w/ the larger one that had been sitting in the office for almost a year now, the only real ‘issue’ is that the current hole is about an inch to small. So one thing I would like to work on this week is figuring out what all we need to do to either fix the current unit or replace it w/ the spare we have.

• Paul

'Anybody got a saws-all? Dave and I evaluated the relative size of the 2 units (a few weeks ago) and learned that the new hole only needs to be slightly larger and that access to the outside is not difficult (from a low roof). If necessary 2 bricks on the window ledge can support the additional (outside) weight.

Thurman Wenzl
Thurman Wenzl | Flickr

— On Tue, 7/6/10, Paul pvince@gmail.com wrote:

> From: Paul pvince@gmail.com
> Subject: [CHP] Office AC conked out
> To: “Hive13” cincihackerspace@googlegroups.com
> Date: Tuesday, July 6, 2010, 2:34 PM
>
> If we have time for a group project tonight, I have a suggestion. I believe the AC unit in the office has died. I came in on thursday of last week and the office was very warm and uncomfortable, yet the AC was set on ‘Cool’ and ‘70F’ while only warm air blew from its vents. I checked out the radiator and it had ice built up in the condenser tray, thinking this might be the problem I turned it onto just ‘Fan’ mode and left for the day. I came back yesterday and the ice was gone, however the AC unit refuses to blow out any cool air.
>
> We have been talking about replacing the unit w/ the larger one that had been sitting in the office for almost a year now, the only real ‘issue’ is that the current hole is about an inch to small. So one thing I would like to work on this week is figuring out what all we need to do to either fix the current unit or replace it w/ the spare we have.
>
> - Paul

|