Notice of proposal to terminate membership.

So I am being voted on because I called into question the minutes of the board? Well then how about see what the membership says. Or is there a power hunger that the board must do this quietly? I feel I as well as any member has the right to call into question the action of the leadership of the hive and now. You may find this toxic because it questions your actions, I find it fair to the community.
So lets make this public, I call for a special meeting.
We need 5% of the membership to do so which would be 5 members based off of the current listing on the wiki. I am one.

Bylaws below

1. Membership may also be terminated for any lawful reason by resolution passed by more than three quarters (3/4th) of the necessary quorum at a Special Meeting.
    1. Notice of termination shall be given by any method reasonably calculated to provide actual notice to the Member.
    2. The notice of special resolution for termination must be accompanied by a brief statement of the reasons for the proposed termination.
    3. The Member shall be given an opportunity to be heard, either orally or in writing, before the effective date of the proposed termination.
    4. The hearing shall be held, or the written statement considered, by the Membership.
    5. The Membership shall then vote on whether the Member is to be terminated.

Also to clarify if the Special meeting happens I would also like to put out a vote for a bylaw change To remove the following section of the bylaws, as I see this as abuse of its use:

Membership may be terminated for any lawful reason by resolution passed by at least two-thirds (2/3) of all of the Members currently serving as Directors and/or Officers.

1. Notice of termination shall be given by any method reasonably calculated to provide actual notice to the Member.
  2. The notice of termination must be accompanied by a brief statement of the reasons for the proposed termination.
  3. The Member shall be given an opportunity to be heard, either orally or in writing, before the effective date of the proposed termination.

Below is the bylaws that allow membership to call a special meeting

Special Meetings1. The Board of Directors or five percent or more of the Members may call a Special Meeting of the Members for any lawful purpose at any time.

1. Notice must be provided of such meeting as provided in the section of these bylaws entitled Notice of Meetings.

Daniel, I’m not sure what you are requesting here, so I can’t take any action on it. If you would like you can email me directly so we can work out exactly what you are requesting. Then we can post that here if you would like, or start a new posting to avoid confusion about your request.

I am requesting this be handled as a special meeting not behind closed doors with the leadership. Pretty simple. There are two ways to remove a member by vote, behind closed doors with leadership or in a special meeting.

I am requesting a special meeting to allow the membership to vote on if my actions warrant my removal.

Basically the board (or 5% of the membership) can set up a special meeting. I feel that as this is being called for me calling out the board and leadership, there is a conflict of interest for the leadership to vote on my removal. That is also covered in the Bylaws. At worse case this is an appearance of a conflict. If that isnt enough I brought Kevin up as the Secretary, Dave Schwinn and Hodapp both responded. that is 3 board members/officers directly connected to this conflict. There is a conflict based of off the personal history between Nancy and I outside of the hive. If the fact my statements were directed at the leadership isnt enough for them to think they need to recuse themselves, for the other reasons stated, at this point 4 out of 9 board members should have recused themself in accordance to the bylaws. Seeing we need 6 votes of termination, you have to violate the bylaws to have me removed via a vote of leadership.

So if you are to follow the request of the member who requested my termination, it should be through a special meeting per the bylaws. On top of that I am happy to stand in front of the membership to allow them to judge me as a whole on my actions of calling out the Hive’s leadership.

Conflict of Interest

Any member of the Board who has a financial, personal, or official interest in, or conflict (or appearance of a conflict) with any matter pending before the Board, of such nature that it prevents or may prevent that member from acting on the matter in an impartial manner, will offer to the Board to voluntarily excuse himself or herself and will vacate his or her seat and refrain from discussion and voting on said item.

Somebody has to be in charge, and nobody is paid. The officers are volunteers, and do the best they can. There is always going to be disagreement with the hows and whys, and some conflict is healthy, and some conflict escalates to unhealthy, that is harmful to the group as a whole. What is the common denominator? Seems to me when the conflicts become somewhat personal, and hard feelings develop. So, if I had one suggestion to make in these situations, it would be an outside moderator, with an agreed upon conflict resolution strategy. Nobody wants arguments so bad that they drive people away in general. And no issue that elicits strong emotions is ever easily or quickly solved in volunteer groups. So, these conflicts develop, no avoiding it. The challenge is resolving them in an agreed upon way, as openly and fairly as possible.