No MakerBot Monday tonight / Future MakerBot Classes

All,

Just a reminder: due to Valentine’s Day, I won’t be up at the Hive to work on MakerBot stuff.

For those interested: we made some good progress last Monday on the MakerBot and Mendel. I was finally able (after many months) to get a rather large Mendel component to print out on the MakerBot. Miles was there and assisted with some of the Mendel assembly. There are only a very few Mendel pieces remaining that need to be printed out. The bulk of the work left on the Mendel is in assembling it. After upgrading to the new MK5 plastruder on the MakerBot there were some bumps and hurdles, but we are now back to 100%.

Rather than trying to teach a massive MakerBot Operators 101 Class (which would probably be impractical) I am planning on documenting the “best practices” for using the MakerBot and running people through “certification” individually. Before I put someone’s name down on the operators list I want them to go through the hands-on process of printing something from start to finish. This would be tough to do with a bigger group. I am willing to walk people through this anytime I’m there. Your next opportunity to catch me will be tomorrow night (meeting night). The next MakerBot Monday will be February 21st.

If you have asked me to show you the ropes in the past and I seemed dodgy, don’t take it personally - I was probably distracted hunting gremlins in MakerBot. Just ask me again.

If you are really into 3D printing and Mondays and Tuesdays don’t work for you, let me know and I will try to make arrangements to come down some other time. Fair warning though: as I’ve mentioned, my time will be a bit scarce over the next month or so.

~Dave

All,

Just a reminder: due to Valentine’s Day, I won’t be up at the Hive to work on MakerBot stuff.

Yeah, same.

For those interested: we made some good progress last Monday on the MakerBot and Mendel. I was finally able (after many months) to get a rather large Mendel component to print out on the MakerBot. Miles was there and assisted with some of the Mendel assembly. There are only a very few Mendel pieces remaining that need to be printed out. The bulk of the work left on the Mendel is in assembling it. After upgrading to the new MK5 plastruder on the MakerBot there were some bumps and hurdles, but we are now back to 100%.

Rather than trying to teach a massive MakerBot Operators 101 Class (which would probably be impractical) I am planning on documenting the “best practices” for using the MakerBot and running people through “certification” individually. Before I put someone’s name down on the operators list I want them to go through the hands-on process of printing something from start to finish. This would be tough to do with a bigger group. I am willing to walk people through this anytime I’m there. Your next opportunity to catch me will be tomorrow night (meeting night). The next MakerBot Monday will be February 21st.

Could you put me down on the training list? I would like to be a “certified” 3D printer. I think I have an idea, but I def. need more practice.