New Modding Web-Based TV Series Featuring Ben Heck!

Hello, my name is Allison Kaminski and I’m part of element14, a technology portal and e-community for design engineers. I wanted to share our new and innovative web-based TV series with Hive13 and the members of your community.

Beginning today, element14 will sponsor a bi-weekly 6-part web-based TV series featuring Ben Heck, a cultural icon and modder made famous by hacking video game consoles. Throughout the series Ben will demonstrate his process of conceiving, designing and building new electronic mods.

During the series, fans will be able to submit projects or mods. Also, those who register at element14 will have a chance to win Ben Heck’s signature mod – the Xbox360 laptop. Furthermore, Ben will be at our element14 booth at Maker Faire NY on September 25 and 26 giving presentations, offering tips and answering questions.

For every episode, viewers have the ability to buy the list of products used in each mod off of the element14 store. The element14 store is a great place to find a wide selection of electronics for next-generation designs, in stock and available for same day shipping at a $5.00 flat rate fee.

Initially, we have comprised a starter kit of tools used for hacking mods. The roll up of all the tools is $400, but we are listing the price of the kit at $202 – almost half off.

At element14 we would enjoy hearing your feedback in regards to the kit and the Ben Heck Show. Let us know what products you would like to see included in the kit or any specific mods you would want to see created on the show. Please pass along this info and links to your hackerspace members. Your members could greatly benefit from our special offer on our modding kits and products, as well as learn about new projects and techniques from our Ben Heck web-based TV series.

** Check out the 1st episode at element14.com/TBHS **

For more updates follow element14 on Facebook and Twitter.

Please let me know what response you might have whether it is questions, comments, input, and recommendations. Thanks you for your time and feel free to contact me for more information.

-Allison

Allison Kaminski

element14

T: 773 907 5402

Your Electronic Engineering Resource | www.element-14.com

Follow us on twitter. @element14

P Please consider the environment before printing this email

Disclaimer

The contents of this e-mail and any file transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. The content may also contain legal, professional or other privileged information. If you received this e-mail in error, please destroy it immediately. You should not copy or use it for any purpose nor disclose its contents to any other person. The views stated herein do not necessarily represent the view of the Company.

Please ensure you have adequate virus protection before you open or detach any documents from this transmission. The Company does not accept any liability for viruses.

Premier Farnell plc
150 Armley Road
Leeds
LS12 2QQ
Telephone +44 (0) 870 129 8608
Fax +44 (0) 870 129 8610

Registered in England
Company Number 876412
Registered Office: Farnell House, Forge Lane, Leeds LS12 2NE