Needlecraft Night - October 25th (For real this time)

Hi! I accidentally hit post before actually posting anything and then panic-deleted the post and don’t know what I’m doing.

ANYWAYS. Needlecraft Night for October will be Friday, October 25th from 6pm to 8pm!

As always, feel free to bring whatever projects you’re working on, snacks, and your friends! Available to members and non members. If you want to learn how to cross stitch, I can help with that! Any other sort of needlecraft? Newly appointed member, and long-time needle craft attendee Lisa can help with that!

We probably will get Chameleon’s weird veggie pizza because it makes me happy, but who knows!?

See you there!

Ive always been interested in needle craft stuff but I dont have any any knowledge of it or like materials. Do I need to bring materials of my own to participate?

What sort of needlecraft are you interested in? I have extra cross stitch materials and some simple patterns. I can also print out some simple embroidery ideas.
If you’re interested in knitting or crocheting, I have crochet hooks and yarn. I don’t have knitting needles, but I’ve been planning on stopping by Indigo Hippo for some to have on hand. We have at least one functioning sewing machine too!

So short answer, no materials needed!

Donovan,

I am in the same situation. I very much want to get started with needle-craft but I don’t know how.

What I have done is, for example, bring a shirt that need mending. I did this at the last event and we got out the sewing machine and I relearned (from my childhood) how to thread the machine and stuff. Others in attendance are really good at some of this stuff so you gave great guidance while still getting to do it yourself.

I have also brought leather stuff like belts and boots and leather conditioner to make sure they stay nice. Not technically needle-craft but so what?

Don’t sweat it too much if you don’t know where to start.

Dave

One day I declared that I needed to know how to crochet so that I could make something. I came down one evening and the end result is there is a crocheted dingus hidden in Second Sight Distillery.
I was attempting to teach myself and someone that knew how to crochet helped me out and we even worked out the how to do the design on the fly.

So yea, the knowledge is there to help you figure out how you want to get started. Don’t feel shy.

This is tonight!
Lisa Crump will also be there teaching an intro to cross stitch!
I’ll bring pizza from Chameleon, feel free to bring any other snacks.
Looking forward to seeing you all!