Needlecraft Night - 2/22/19

Hello!
So, I’m going to be taking over the Needlecraft Nights that Kevin started.

The next Needlecraft Night is Friday, February 22nd 2019 from 6pm-8pm

Bring whatever project you’re working on and hang out! If anyone would like to learn cross stitch, I can help with that! I have some really simple patterns that could easily be finished over the course of the evening.
BYOB and snacks. A sushi platter & veggie platter will be provided (donations welcome!)
Event open to members and non members. Bring your friends!
Hope to see you there!

https://www.meetup.com/Hive13/events/258732700/

bump for interest, last month’s was fun!

I’m joining the Hive this evening and I have signed up for this meetup!

In the last year I have lost a lot of weight and am replacing my wardrobe. I’m really interested in making some of my own clothing. My wife recently showed me how to knit. Last weekend she took me on a guided tour of Joanne’s Fabrics. My head is spinning and I really don’t know where to start but I will try to have an idea and materials to get started with by next Friday. If I don’t I’ll still try to show up.

“My head is spinning”
Aren’t you supposed to spin wool and other fibers? :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

-D

Ha! Yeah, I guess I walked right into that one! On the topic of spinning, my mother-in-law just sent me a sweater made from wool that she hand spun! The yarn is two-ply using two colors and she sent me the extra yarn to make something else with. It’s beautiful!

My wife is currently knitting me this (the sweater, not the dude. I suspect she’s keeping him for herself) and is almost done.

8497619829_z.jpg

My partner has a conflict that night but is still interested and plans to come any following events.

8497619829_z.jpg

bumpity bump

The wife and I will be at the Botany and Brews Event on Friday, so we will not be able to make it this time.

Botany and Brews!? You have my attention.

Looking forward to seeing everyone who can make it tonight!

I’ll be attending tonight. I’m not bringing a needle craft project per se but I am cutting my teeth on some open source pattern design software so I’ll be bringing my laptop. It’s called Valentina. The software looks cool because it is entirely vector based and allows you to assign points to locations on your body based on your measurements. This is assuming you know your measurements which I don’t… I’ll be bringing a measuring tape with me and I am hopeful that someone will help me get measurements.

Looking forward to seeing/meeting everyone.

Dave

We had another fun Needlecraft Night last Friday, thanks to everyone who showed up!