Move Task Team Signups

As promised, here is the signup sheet for the move Task Teams:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1okqVlXa5aLOfjBYXrfJaUNr6eK_qVdOuJIrADiR4nVg/edit?usp=sharing

These task teams are intended to be the people who lead each task for the move, we do not want any of these teams left alone having to do ALL of the labor for that pert of the move, but these teams will be the people who plan and coordinate each item. Please feel free to sign up for one or more, though I’d caution everyone to try and limit your involvement as a leader to only a few areas, we don’t want anyone getting overwhelmed or overextended. I personally am hoping we will have enough willing volunteers so that no one person has to be in more than 2-3 of the task teams.

I gave them all silly names, and feel free to change them as you like. Also, if anyone feels there are other tasks or areas that could use a team, please feel free to add it to the list and build out your team. I put 5 spaces for each team, but some of these areas (looking at you, wood shop and kitchen) will require much more work than others, so team sizes may need to be adjusted to suite.

Once people have signed up for a team, please get in touch with the other members of that team, pick a team lead who will be the primary decision maker and point of contact between the task team and leadership, and create a slack channel for the team (I suggest #2701_teamname) so that we can keep move related discussion from clogging the normal channels. We will also need at least one person from each team to attend the weekly planning meetings on Thursdays from 7:30-8:30 during the move, preferably the team lead, but doesn’t have to be)

The Task/Infrastructure Oriented Teams will be responsible for setting up our core infrastructure and build out, currently, I have them split up as:

• Wall Builders (Framing, Drywall, and hanging doors)

• Develop list of material required for wall construction, provide to leadership to buy as part of single large material purchase

• Establish methods and practices we will use for building our walls, and educate people who show up to help with the effort

• Lead construction to support move schedule for spaces that require walls built out before moving that section

• Cable Pullers (Power Electrical)

• Develop list of material required for electrical system, provide to leadership to buy as part of single large material purchase.

• Establish methods and practices we will use for our electrical distribution, and educate people who show up to help with the effort.

• Coordinate with other teams to ensure electrical is ready to support the move schedule for each section of the new space.

• Network Night-owls (Network and Data Electrical)

• Develop list of material required for setting up our network, provide to leadership to buy as part of single large material purchase.

• Establish methods and practices we will use for setting up the network, and educate people who show up to help with the effort.

• Coordinate with other teams to ensure network is ready to support the move schedule for each section of the new space.

• Heavy Haulers

• Get quotes for moving the lathe, mill, big CNC, and Big Laser

• Coordinate with other teams to make sure everything is ready for those items to move on the same day, and will be placed in the correct spots on the first try

• Coordinate door modifications and access to ensure movers can get the equipment out of the current space

• Superior Sign-makers (Interior and Exterior signage so people can find new Hive13)

• Make and install signage for the exterior of the new building so people can find it

• Make and install signage for the first floor interior, elevators, and stairwells to help people find their way to the new space on the 3rd floor

The Space/Ward Oriented Teams will be responsible for planing out all details unique to that area, including final equipment layout within the space allocated on the floor plan, communicating requirements to the wall builders, cable pullers, and networkers, and planning everything necessary to get equipment moved, installed, and back to operational to meet the move schedule.

• Kitchen Makers

• Bathroom Builders

• Woodshop Wranglers

• Welding Wrestlers

• FabLab Facilitators

• Electronics Enthusiasts

• Lounge Leaders

• Machining Mavericks

• Glass Glams

Thanks everyone!

Kevin M.
Secretary

Will there be a signup sheet where folks like myself can make themselves available to whatever tasks are needed? I’m fine with going to where the most help is needed as the project evolves.

John

These Task Teams need to be the people who will be leading each area. However, the goal is that, at each Thursday planning meeting, we will put out a list of all the things that need labor that week. The thought being that the task teams will guide and educate everyone else to make sure everyone can be productive!

Once we have the lease in place, and access to the new building, be on the lookout each week for a list of things that need to be done that you can help out with!

Thanks,

Kevin M.

Bump! We still have a few teams that are looking sparse, please sign up if there is anything you are willing to help lead!

Also, don’t let a lack of expertise get in your way of grabbing a group and helping to drive progress, we have lots of people who can offer knowledge, advice, and support. we just need people willing to take ownership of organizing the various aspects of the move.

For those already in teams, please start discussing amongst the teams is the relevant slack channels who will be the team lead for each task team, we really need these listed by tomorrow’s planning meeting so we can start getting lists of material put together and budgets assigned.

Thanks,

Kevin M.