Meeting: 5/23/2017

Hello all,

As usual we have our weekly general meeting. This is always open to members, non-members, and new-comers alike.

If you can’t come to the meeting in person but would still like to attend, you can always remote in. You can use this link: appear.in/hive13

Something will be set up to host people at around 7:20pm.

The first draft of the agenda is also posted on the wiki right now. (https://wiki.hive13.org/view/May_23,_2017) Add to it as you all see fit (and don’t worry about messing it up, we’ve got a history of edits to fall back on if someone accidentally erases it or something :wink: don’t be intimidated by the wiki).

Lastly, I will not be able to be there tonight, so I will see you all next week for the pot-luck!!! Have a great meeting everyone,

Elly

President | Hive13

Regrettably I cannot attend the meeting tonight either. Can someone please make sure to open appear.in/hive13 on the computer cart prior to the meeting. It should be as simple as loading the website, no login required.

• Ian B.

I also will not be able to attend the meeting tonight.
My wife’s brother passed away last night and I need to stay home and help get things together for her.

Update from the PTDR event:
It went well, no one got hurt and nothing broke more than it already was.
It was kind of fun to just run belt sanders. We didn’t even have any safety fencing up since things are much slower. This may be an option for future events. Maybe we can just push people back for the ProMod racers once an hour.

We need to check out the short in the dual main setup. It shorts out if you plug in both main feeds. Probably a short between the two neutrals/hot.

I bought some plastic project boxes for the timer displays. I initially (quickly) bought some boxes that turned out to be very small. If anyone needs some boxes that are 1"x1-1/4"x2-1/4" let me know. :grinning:
The Building Value guy (David) offered us a “free pass” for stuff at Building Value. Lets talk about what we may want.

I would like to check out the mini air compressor for the laser. Apparently the original one from the big laser order is over the electronics area. Perhaps we can get it down an see how loud it is.

I may stop by the Hive this weekend if we don’t go down to FL for the funeral.

sorry to hear about your brother-in-law Brad.

We also won’t be there.

Sorry to hear brad, I’m hoping to keep mina as comfortable as possible till her next appointment Friday yo hopefully give us some news.