My name is Tai Smallwood and I own a company that provides out of school time enrichment for youth centered around STEAM(science, technology, engineering, art and math) learning experiences. We are expanding within the Cincinnati area, and are looking to hire more folks to join our team and facilitate classes and workshops at schools and our partner sites in the area. Enclosed is a general Job Description. If you are interested or may know someone who is, feel free to contact us or share our information. Thanks!
Length of Assignment: Searching for candidates interested in long term part-time employment. Would work between 5 hours and 10 hours a week.
Position of Purpose:
We are looking to add to our team of Lead Explorers who help run classes and workshops for kids in science and technology. You will facilitate one hour classes in area elementary and middle schools.
The Lead Explorer will facilitate workshops and classes that are engaging, exciting, and promote a creative atmosphere for youth and children to tinker, make, and design. The curriculum, and modules are already made, the Lead Explorer just needs to have fun in executing and walking Youth through the classes that are based in Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math (STEAM).
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities
- Have Youth or Children sign in upon arrival to class or workshop
- Promote creativity and drive imagination
- Break traditional learning styles and incorporate The Maker Model philosophy
- Challenge and stretch the capabilities of youth and children
- Execute and facilitate different learning modules from Arduino Circuitry Boot Camp to Fashion E-textiles.
Work is performed in a classroom that might be located in a library, community center, school, or recreation center.
Knowledge and Abilities for Success
- Provide an open space where mistakes and tinkering are allowed
- Have an excitement for the sciences
- Being genuine and enthused about learning and teaching Youth
- To facilitate a classroom culture where youth are leading in their learning
- Have quick rapport building skills
- To be engaging with youth, and parents
- Able to work within the age range of 3 to 13 years old.
- To challenge and stretch the capabilities of youth and children
Must have a minimum of 60 college credits, and a minimum of one year experience of working with youth, or teaching youth.
To learn more about Einstein by Design, visit our website: http://www.einsteinbydesign.com/
We’re also looking to hire in: Ann Arbor, Ypsilanti, Detroit, Grand Rapids, Flint, MI and Cleveland and Columbus/ Upper Arlington, OH
Please respond with letter of interest explaining why you’d make a great fit for the position, along with a copy of your resume.