Laser Certified Users Update

Hey everyone, sorry for another email, it’s been a busy day on here!

I will be re-printing the laser certification signs tomorrow, so I can add someone I recently trained. This list is definitely lacking people who are already trained, so please review the list below and let me know if you were accidentally forgotten:

Small laser:

IAN BLAIS
DUSTIN BRUCE
BEN DAKIN
JIM DALLAM
CHRIS DAVIS
ELLY HALL
JAMES HARTLEY
CHRIS HODAPP
MIKE HORWATH
TIFFANY HORWATH
JORDAN MCELROY
IVAN MCCUISTION
DAVE MENNINGER

TOM MEYER
DAVE MYERS
JON NEAL
COY PAELTZ
KRIS SANDRICK
JIM SHEALY
BILL STEELE
JOHN STOUGHTON
CRAIG SMITH
PAUL VINCENT
IAN WILSON
BRANDON WOOLDRIDGE

CRAIG JOLLY
WILL STOGNER

Large Laser:
ELLY HALL
RYAN HERSEY

TOM MEYER
JON NEAL
BILL STEELE

CRAIG JOLLY

Again, if anyone wants to learn the lasers (or other tools) feel free to approach those who are listed as teachers. Learning the big laser is a short process if you are already certified on the little laser.

I would estimate learning and being certified on the lasers from scratch would take about an hour. To kickstart the process there is a great tutorial on the wiki made by Jim D. It is a good refresher for those who haven’t used it recently, and a good intro before hands on training for newbies.

Elly

I have been certified for the small laser. What is the difference in training for the large laser?

Ellly, can you train me on the big laser soon please? Also, we should take Jordan off the list.
Tiff

Should we? I intentionally left him there in something of a memorial. There are also many others on the list from days gone by. It feels kind of nice to remember former members, however they have left us.

Similarly, there’s a stack of old member Polaroid photos floating around the Hive. We break that out and reminisce a couple times a year.

• Ry

Daniel: Great, I’ll add you to the list! They are pretty similar machines, but there are some key differences in operation that need to be gone over. The training to transition only takes maybe 10 minutes. Probably less if you are very familiar with the little laser.

Tiffany: Let me know when you are free!

I sort of want to keep Jordan on there, because he was a great part of our space, not to be forgotten. Maybe put him in grey instead of black.

I may be able to make it after work tomorrow.

Elly,
Will you be there tomorrow sometime?

I’m totally ok with keeping him on the list, it just made me really sad when I saw it on new years and realized it had been a full year since he passed.

Tiff

“I’m totally ok with keeping him on the list, it just made me really sad when I saw it on new years and realized it had been a full year since he passed.”

I echo Tiffany, It was a little bit of a jolt to see his name. but I’m ok with it being there… I miss him.

Nancy

I was trained on the small one. Thanks!

I was trained on small
-D

I was trained on the small lazer

I was trained on the small laser, by Jordan (and others)

Yeah, I will definitely be there before and after the meeting. If a specific time works best for either of you, just let me know so I can be there.

It truly takes 10 minutes, so it can easily be done right around the meeting.

Also, I will get the rest of you on the list! Thanks!

Elly,
Will you be there tomorrow sometime?

I’m totally ok with keeping him on the list, it just made me really sad when I saw it on new years and realized it had been a full year since he passed.

Tiff