Kitchen Phased Build Plan Discussion

So, I have been thinking about how we can get the kitchen build without it being an overwhelming project… And I’m interested in hearing thoughts on adopting the attached phased build plan. This would break the buildout down into an initial build with minimal work and minimal required budget to get things usable, but would be easily expandable in the future to add all the “nice to haves” we have discussed.

Phase one would include one wall of upper and lower cabinets, the waist-high wall for mounting the booths, the plumbing to hook up the sink, and the ductwork to vent the microwave vent hood.

Anyone have any constructive input? Any concerns? Any desire to be the one to put together the vote and lead the effort?

Thanks,

Kevin M.
Hot Crafts Warden

Kitchen_PhasedBuildProposal_2021-07-19.pdf (109 KB)

I have posted a poll about the kitchen design/plans/path forward in the #discussion channel on slack, please respond to it (particularly if you are one of the people who hasn’t been in the discussions about the designs) so that we can get a feel for how the community feels about the plans and if we are on the right track to move this stuff forward.

Thanks,

Kevin M.
Hot Crafts Warden

Here are the 6 floorplans (all minor variations of essentially the same thing) that have been discussed/proposed, in case you have not seen them elsewhere:

KitchenOptions_2021-05-20a.pdf (117 KB)

There will be a short huddle in the kitchen area on Saturday at 1:00 PM (just before we start working on the dust collection system) to discuss the kitchen floorplans, the reasoning behind them, and the pros/cons of each. Please show up if you have questions, concerns, or have had difficulty understanding the kitchen plans from the drawings.

Thanks,

Kevin M.