There is a job opening for a Web-applications developer at the IT/consulting company where my wife works in Sharonville, near Tri-county mall. For anyone interested, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (do not reply to me directly). Include your resume. The job would primarily involve Linux-based development using Perl, mod_perl, and Perl’s Catalyst framework (similar to Ruby/Rails, but making use of Perl’s faster VM). If you know Ruby/Rails, and also know Perl really well, learning Catalyst on-the-job should be very easy.
The Job Description is below:
Sharonville based software and web development firm has an immediate need for a full-time developer.
Position involves working in a small team on database driven web applications.
- Strong object-oriented design skills
- MVC design patterns
- Experience developing under Linux
- Experience developing dynamic web applications
- Relational database design
- Basic HTML/CSS
- Self motivated and self-driven
- Energetic, positive attitude
- Ability and desire to learn and grow
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Moose object system
- Modern Perl
- Catalyst web framework
- Advanced HTML/CSS
- Bash and shell scripting
Pay will be between $25 - $30 /hour (40 hours pe r week) depending on level of technical knowledge. Company offers health and dental.