Jenn Air Range for the hive?

Hello all, so Charlie’s Grandmother is upgrading her range and she’s looking to get rid of the one she has now.
There’s nothing wrong with the range. The only reason she’s getting rid of it is because the downdraft that she
rarely uses causes her kitchen unbearably cold in the winter.

The model number is: JDS9860AAB

A quick google search gave me quick specs:
http://www.abt.com/product/9522/Jenn-Air-JDS9860AAB.html

And here’s the manual:
http://www.shopyourway.com/manuals/4976

She is asking $600 for it, which seems fair considering a low end gas range would run about $500.

So my question is would this be something we would like to upgrade to?
Also, in-case we are interested, do we have anyone here that can hook it up?

We don’t need to hook up the downdraft (It sounds like it’d be a lot of work for not a lot of gain to me) and it will
still work fine.

I thought I’d see if the hive was interested first and foremost. If we decide not to get it, I’ll open the floor to see if
any member wants to get this for themselves.

If you have any other questions, let me know.

On the basis of our current range/stove working and this one being $600 I would give this an immediate pass. Way too much money for something we don’t need at all.

I’ll let other people weigh in, but that is my thought on this.

Jon

If agree with Jon, our range works fine.

I just bought a fancy pants GE Gas Range with 15,000 BTU burners and a rapid-heat oven for about $650. I’ve bought both new and used ranges for my rentals and I can tell you they depreciate a lot very quickly. Most ranges suffer 20-30% depreciation within the first year and 40-60% by the point where the warranty has expired.

I nearly picked up a dual fuel Bosch range that was $2400 new that was less than a year old for $400 but I didn’t want to run the 240@40A it required.

I do not think this is a good deal at all.

-D

hrrm Gas top, (we know we have gas plumbed in already) I don’t know if we have the service for the electric oven part… it’s probably 220, right?

I’ll look behind the oven to see if there’s electric for a stove set up…

(and you all thought I was silly for making that cabinet easily removable!)

I sort of agree about the money… but would C’s Grandmother perhaps take a donation write off? IF we have the setup for this. (goes looking)

Nancy

hrrm Gas top, (we know we have gas plumbed in already) I don’t know if we have the service for the electric oven part… it’s probably 220, right?

I’ll look behind the oven to see if there’s electric for a stove set up…

(and you all thought I was silly for making that cabinet easily removable!)

I sort of agree about the money… but would C’s Grandmother perhaps take a donation write off? IF we have the setup for this. (goes looking)

We do not have the electrical hookup back there.

Nancy

I can tell you we don’t have 220 run to the kitchen. We actually started off at the hive with someone donating an electric oven, which then sat for two years because at that point we couldn’t afford to run 220 to the kitchen.