Ian's Sriracha Bacon Avocado Deviled Eggs recipe

Quite a few folks asked for my Deviled egg recipe.

I basically wing it, but, the gist of the recipe is:

2 Pounds of Bacon
2 Dozen Eggs
4 Avocados
2 tbsp (approx) Hungarian Paprika
2 tbsp Spanish Cayenne Pepper
1/4 cup Mustard
1/4 cup Mayo
1/4 cup Srircaha

Cook Bacon. Drain excess grease off of bacon. Run back through food processor, resisting temptation to just eat bacon.
Hard Boil Eggs. This is an exercise left up to the reader.
Peel hard boiled eggs. Ironically enough, this is the difficult portion of this recipe.
Half and de-yolk eggs. Keep yolks separate. Pick up some of the ugly looking halves and dice them, placing them in bowl with the yolks.
In large bowl, combine bacon, sliced avocado, egg yolks, and liberal amounts of mustard, mayo, and sprinkles of srircaha. The consistency should be smooth, with chunks of bacon when finished. Dust in Paprika. and cayenne pepper.
Using ziploc bag, scoop mixture into bag, seal, and cut end off of bag. Use the ziploc bag as a piping bag to insert mixture. Chill and serve. Apply liberal amounts of cayenne and siriacha to the top of the eggs before serving.

Ian

Awesome, thanks Ian! Those things were killer. We’ll definitely be trying this recipe very soon.

In the same spirit, we got a lot of compliments on the Sweet Potato Casserole. Here’s the really easy recipe, if anyone’s interested:

Ingredients:

4 cups mashed yams (we just buy the canned stuff)

1 cup sugar

2 eggs

1 cup milk

Mix together. Spread evenly in casserole dish.

Topping Ingredients:

1 cup brown sugar

½ cup crushed pecans

3 cups Rice Krispies

½ stick melted butter

Mix the topping ingredients together. Sprinkle on top of the potato mixture in the casserole.

Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes.

It’s always a huge hit at Thanksgiving.

Ian M

You had me at bacon. @_@