Hot Crafts Committee Meeting on Monday, March 7th, at 7:00pm

If you are interested in the Hot crafts area, please join us for the second Hot Crafts Committee Meeting on Monday, March 7th, at 7:00pm.

What is the Hot Crafts Area? - The #hot_crafts_area is the physical space between the kitchen and the laser cutter bay at Hive13. It includes activities such as #casting, #ceramics, #glasswork, #jewelry_and_metalsmithing, as well as having one of our utility sinks, the (non-food use) craft oven, and some other odd tools like our vacuum chamber (# denotes a relevant channel on slack).

What is the hot crafts committee? - I’d like to start having monthly get-togethers where the folks interested in the hot crafts area:

• discuss the status of the space’s equipment and activities
  • coordinate (or execute) plans for repairs, improvements, and finishing existing space projects
  • build and update a Wishlist for new tools or activities
  • coordinate certifications and ensure certified members are made aware of any changes to things
  • share, discuss and work on cool hot crafts projects

Am I on the committee? - Yes! All you are required to do is show up (or if you don’t show up, share your input here on slack).

What responsibilities are associated with being on this committee? - None if you can’t commit to them, but my hope is that folks who show up will do so with a willingness to take on some actions to help finish open improvement projects or otherwise make the space better.

If you are interested in participating in this, please let me know! I look forward to seeing you there!

Thanks,

Kevin M.
Hot Crafts Warden

image.jpg

Reminder, the Hot Crafts Area Committee Meeting is tomorrow evening, all are welcome to join!

If you haven’t already, please vote yes on this vote for materials to complete the various unfinished parts of the hot crafts area (https://groups.google.com/g/cincihackerspace/c/5kHIoLg_ohU), we are very close to having that space fully built out, and just need these last few miscellaneous items to get all our activities up and safely operational!

image.jpg