Hive13 Space Usage and Future Capability Brainstorming Discussion

That’s a neat rack. I’d not see this vertical style before. The tool chest does a similar function horizontally and still has space.
The power tools have a charging station on top of the chest.

Many of the items on the shelves are in shell cases which can go in the cabinet space and bottom drawer.

There is also an intent to move items to storage in or near the tool where they are used.
Example: router bits. This will facilitate use, clearing more of the tool chest and storage shelves.

Up top the shelves are bulk storage.

All it takes is …

Tiffany, there are lots of things missing from that sketch, I just tried to capture most things, and honestly wasn’t focusing on the hot work room too much.

there are lots of options for tool shelf replacement, but everyone agrees those shelves need to go. step 1 I think is to separate the wood tools, Mechanic’s tools, and consumables. for that we will need better shop furniture, I’m starting with a new miter station with storage built in, will do a new table saw/router table after with cabinets and drawers. I’m limited in how much time I can dedicate to those designs though, so it’s going slowly, haha.

Kevin and Dave,
sounds like you guys are doing a great job! I don’t make it in very often just would love to the Hive continue to grow and be successful.
Cheers,
Tiffany

I think organizing the hand/power tools is a great idea.

Creating groups might help people find stuff. Even just a list of tools and where they should be would be helpful.
I started something like this many years ago. I have pics of a lot of the power tools somewhere.