Hive13 Annual Meeting & Election Announcement

Tuesday, July 30th we will be holding the Hive13 Annual meeting. At this meeting members will have a chance to elect new officers and amend the bylaws (if we so choose).

This coming Tuesday is the last day to nominate members for officer and board member positions prior to the election. If by Tuesday there are no nominations for a position, then there is a last chance deadline for nominations by Tuesday. Any position that DOES have nominations can not have any further nominations after Tuesday 7/23/2013. It is important if you are thinking about running for a position you submit your self-nominations pronto. You can submit your nomination by emailing Jim or myself or by showing up in person to the 7/23 Hive13 meeting.

The one major restriction for becoming a nominee is you must have been a Hive13 member for at least 3 months.

President:

Treasurer: Jim Dallam
Secretary:
COO:
CTO:

Board (5 slots):

• Ian Wilson

• Craig Smith
    Election Procedure:

• Every member gets 1 vote for each of the officer positions

• Each member gets 3 votes for board positions, these votes CAN be repeatedly cast for the same individual. (Ex. you can vote for Bob Law 3x times)

• After the in person vote at the meeting it will be possible for people to vote for the nominees via email for 7 days (until the next meeting) on 8/6/2013. An email will be sent to the mailing list with polling information.

• If you are unable to vote in person, and will be unable to vote online you can have another member submit your votes as long as you make it known that other member will be submitting your votes. This is less of an issue since we decided to create the online polling.

• Final results will be announced at the 8/6/2013 meeting.
    If you have any further questions, please either show up at the this coming Hive meeting, or contact one of the officers.

Thanks,
Paul Vincent, Hive13 Secretary

I’ll nominate myself to continue as CTO but I will gladly withdraw my candidacy if someone else wants to step up.

-Dave B.

I’d like to nominate myself to remain on the board.

~Dave

Id like to nominate myself to be on the board also.
Thanks,
Tiffany

I would like to emphasize the following:

• TONIGHT IS THE LAST NIGHT FOR NOMINATIONS PRIOR TO THE ELECTION NEXT WEEK.
  • ANY NOMINEE WITHOUT AN OPPONENT AFTER TONIGHT WILL RUN UNOPPOSED.
  • ANY POSITIONS WITHOUT A NOMINEE WILL BE OPEN FOR FURTHER NOMINATIONS AT THE ANNUAL MEETING ON 7/30

You have been warned.

Update on current nominations going into tonights meeting. Let me know if I missed anyone.

President:

Treasurer: Jim Dallam
Secretary:
COO: Jon Neal

CTO: Dave Blundel

Board (5 slots):

• Ian Wilson
  • Craig Smith
  • Dave Menninger
  • Tiffany Bell-Horwath
  • Jon Neal