Hive Internet Down?

Judging by how the camera captures are frozen and none of the computers in the Hive can connect to the internet, I'm guessing the internet went down at the Hive. Is this known and is something major, or is there an easy way to restart the hamster on the wheel down here?

Tim W.

Brent txted me about the Wi-Fi being down at the Hive. I don’t know how to check or reset.

I'll try and make it down later today and check it out. The modem is
above the lounge if you feel like climbing to reset it.

Ian B.

Hello all,

The interwebs have been un-broked. The power supply for our modem valiantly gave it’s life in service to our shitty internet. Thanks go to Ryan for doing most of the actual work. I was there for moral and emotional support.

Ian B.

yayy Ryan and Ian!

Additional problems with the network switches arose yesterday. These prevented some devices (such as the door RFID reader) from communicating with others (such as the member RFID database). Said problems have been temporarily resolved, restoring RFID access.

The long term fix will be installation of our new switch, ordered as a result of Ian’s recent network improvement vote. I suspect we’ll host a small cable pulling party in the near future.

• Ry

Still better than the Internet back home in New Mexico. When we lived out on the Mesa everyone used trashed primestar dishes to beam 2.4 GHZ Internet 10-20 miles into town. Powered with solar and golf cart batteries too. Good times.

Unfortunately, cincinnati has more trees and desert, making horrible sight lines, otherwise, I think that method would beat our current setup with time warner…

Sent: Sunday, December 17, 2017 2:17 PM
To: cincihackerspace@googlegroups.com
Reply To: cincihackerspace@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [CHP] Hive Internet Down?

|

• |

Additional problems with the network switches arose yesterday. These prevented some devices (such as the door RFID reader) from communicating with others (such as the member RFID database). Said problems have been temporarily resolved, restoring RFID access.

The long term fix will be installation of our new switch, ordered as a result of Ian’s recent network improvement vote. I suspect we’ll host a small cable pulling party in the near future.

• Ry