Help Needed: Maker Festival at Eastgate Public Library Saturday 7/25

Everyone,

The Hive is going to have an area at the Eastgate Library’s mini Maker Festival program 7/25 from 10am to 3pm. We have two tables for running the learn to solder activity and an additional table to display Hive projects. Just over 400 people attended this event last year. They are expecting a similar or larger turnout this year.

So far, only Marcus and myself have said they will help. Marcus and I have worked on making sure there are enough PCBs and parts for the activity. It would be really nice to have more help, although I’m planning on being around for the whole duration of the event.

Help needed falls into two categories:

1. Help manning, supervising and instructing the learn to solder activity.

2. Be willing to bring their projects, display them and talk to people about them.

The Eastgate (Union Township) library is across the street from Meier within stone’s throw of the intersection of Ohio32 and Gleneste-withamsville road.
4450 Glen Este-Withamsville Road
Cincinnati, OH 45245

I know this is the same weekend as Makerfaire Detroit but it would be really nice if those of you who are in town might be able to spare a few hours. We’re going to have a great opportunity for a lot of positive exposure and fits well within the Hive’s stated mission to promote technology education. Please send an email with any questions or to communicate whether you might be able to help.

Thanks,
-Dave B.

Dave, Marcus,

I will be able to spell you from 1-3pm and help with any takedown (as that is just up the road). I can bring a 3d printer (Polar3D and maybe a Delta) if you’ve got space…

Regards,
James

I can help from 10-1, possibly can stay longer. I’ll bring the little robot and either show that or help with soldering as needed.

Mike

I’ll bring coffee and donuts for everyone and probably order pizza etc. for lunch.

See you all Tuesday!
-D

I should be able to help on 2nd shift (1-3).

Bradman