Help needed for tuesday talk

First off - if anyone has a reasonably portable temperature controlled soldering iron with a fine tip that they could bring with them for the evening, it would be appreciated. We don’t have very many working irons that are suitable for hand soldering SMT parts and I’d like as many people as possible to be able to try their hand at it.

Second - due to work and child care arrangements, I doubt that I am going to be able to make it down to the space much earlier than 6:30-7 on Tuesday to set things up. For this talk to go smoothly, I need help getting things ready so we can start on time. I’ve got a lot to cover and I won’t be able to get through it all if I spend a bunch of time setting up.

Specifically I need:
-Magnifier camera thing used in last soldering class set up on a table and hooked up to projector
-Tenma Hot Air station moved over in the vicinity of the projector/magnifier
-One good temp control iron moved over in the vicinity of the projector/magnifier
-SMT $$$ solder and tweezers, etc. moved over in vicinity of the projector/magnifier
-Flux pen(s) taken out of fridge so they can warm up to room temp
-Solder paste taken out of fridge so it warms up enough to be more viscous than molasses

If you can help, email list. I want to get this figured out ASAP. I really don’t want to wake up super early to come in and do this stuff. Pretty please with sugar on top?

thx
-D

I can bring a Komec 936 (Hakko 936 clone) with a tapered tip.

Also noticed a typo in the slides, 0603 should be 60mil by 30 mil, not
6mil by 3mil, which is thinner than most traces :slight_smile:

Jim

Thanks a lot! Appreciate the feedback and also the iron. That’s what I get for doing slides at 1am!
-D

I'll be there early to do what I can. I'll need help on the
magnifying camera setup. I'll bring the Galileo boards and the few
chips I have, but did not get the full Digikey order placed in time
for the rest of the chips.

Jim